The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

nine

"What are you writing?" Evie asked lazily as she managed to peel her eyes open and glance at Andrew who was lying sprawled out on the picnic blanket next to her, ferociously scribbling away in a notepad.

It was the weekend and both Andrew and Evie had little to do but enjoy each others company, as well as that it was getting colder now. Autumn was weaning, it's last warm rays of sunshin disappearing and winter would soon make its presence know. It was for this reason that Evie ad Andrew had decided to set up camp in the back of Evie's garden, armed with a picnic blanket and plenty of food.

The wind had been picking up and so it came that Evie was wearing Andrew's black hoodie, which came flooding past her knuckles. On her delicate nose however, sat a pair of Ray Bans, from behind which she was soaking up the last of the warm sunshine.

Whilst talking aimlessly, Andrew had suddenly whipped out his notebook and started scribbling words down like a man possessed. Evie didn't let this bother her. She was used to Andrew and his quirky ways, which she knew not to question as in the end the result would be worth it.

"Oh I just thought of something," Andrew said distractedly as he read what he had written with a furrowed brow.

A small touch of distress set it's self into Evie's heart, over the past days Andrew had become secretive and withdrawn. At first she pretended not to notice, thinking that he was just protective over what he was writing, but now he was keeping things from her, which caused feelings of minor resentment to grow in Evie as she had shared so much with Andrew, the least he could do was do the same.

But he kept tattered bits of paper close to him and Evie rarely saw them leave his notepad. You could say that there was a certain amount of tension between them, and Bella picked the scent up like a Bloodhound, it was a smell that she and her devious, upsetting plan thrived upon.

However despite the momentary glitch in their otherwise perfectly honest day-to-day contact, little had changed in the relationship between Evie and Andrew. He told her everything. She was still the one person whom he could go to and be totally himself without having to hold anything back or exaggerate anything. With Evie he was Andrew McMahon, and nobody else.

He began to rely on her so much more; if he didn't talk to her at least three times a day he would get jumpy and irritable. This kind of dependence slowly began to frighten him, sometimes it left him feeling so weak that his legs would not function and he was incapable of picking up a pen.

"You don't know how much I rely on you," Andrew had said to her that same day when he had been struck by a flood of ideas.

But Evie just smiled when she heard this statement; of course she knew how much Andrew relied on her, because the same feelings were surging through Evie and slowly these feelings of total dependence and support flourished into a set of feelings which Evie had until this point in her life only ever read or written about, but still had to experience.

The day she realised this was that very same afternoon when she and Andrew had been lying in her backyard, and when she realised that she would always accept what Andrew did and never question it, which was the most dedicated and approachable side of love.

And because Evie had never been anything but honest with the boy who had long become the centre of her life, she told him exactly what was going through her pretty and vivid mind.

"Andrew?" Evie asked softly, trying to capture his attention for one moment and attempting to pull the focus from the notepad pages to her for a fraction a second.

However at the immediate dropping of his name Andrew looked up, his shy smile in place and ready to hear what ever Evie had to say to him.

"I think I'm falling fast for you Mr McMahon," she said with a small smile looking up at Andrew, who had an unreadable expression on his face.

A moment of doubt fluttered through Evie followed by a tidal wave of panic and humiliation, she took Andrew's stunned silence for a negative reaction.

However, the collision of her lips and Andrew's proved to be the answer that she had been looking for, and just like a jigsaw puzzle, everything slotted into place and both drifted on a cloud of teenage bliss.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is important. Read carefully.
I was up til 4 this morning writing so be nice to be, I can't be arsed to read through.
Feedback is love
xxxx