Status: Goodbye for now (or maybe forever), you wonderful people.

You & I

1/1

"I love you Gerard, please never let me forget that. Promise me."

"I promise you, Frank."


It's strange now that I look back, that I didn't see this coming. The signs were there, like huge bright flashing lights warning me to take notice, but I didn't see. Or maybe I did see, and I was just too afraid to believe it. Now that I know, I still feel so guilty for being mad at you; for shouting and yelling at you when you couldn't help it.

I was wrong.

The time that you forgot my birthday and I was so mad at you. I know everyone always says that those things never matter, but they mattered to me and you forgot. And you cried, because you couldn't explain why you couldn't remember. And, oh God Frank, the times I would yell at you until you couldn't take it any more, just because you forgot to do simple things around the house.

I'm so sorry. I can't explain to you how sorry I am, baby.

I'm a terrible husband.

What hurt me the most was when you forgot my name. It truly broke my heart. By then I knew what was happening to you, what was happening to our years of marriage and what was eventually going to be your fate. It was too much for me, the fact that you could remember other unimportant things, like how to play guitar, but you couldn't remember my name. My name always sounded so good falling from your lips.

I'm sorry.

And here we are now, you sat opposite me looking confused, and listening to me explain who I am - telling you that I'm your husband and that you love me. But you don't remember me.

I broke my promise.

I let you forget that you love me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello old friends and possible new friends,
I don't know if any of you hardcore mibba readers noticed, but all my works have been deleted. I apologize for this. They did disappear without any notification from me, and it was probably a little weird seeing as my last blog post said I was getting back into writing.
They were deleted for a reason, and that reason is that as of right now, I'm not writing anything new any more.
It's nothing any of you did, or mibba, and I'm not unhappy about it. I still love reading and will continue to do so.
But I was going through my files and found this. I wrote it when I discovered someone in my family was very sick, and I must admit the ending does seem very "the notebook" inspired. (Though that wasn't intentional).
Anyway, I thought what better way to say goodbye to people who have been so nice to me over the years. If you guys are still around that is.
So! Thank you for the good times guys, but this is goodbye!

Stay rad,
Abbey xoxo