Status: Active

Inner Demons

What Would Blair Waldorf Do?

*Artemis' POV*
"Okay, you really have to hold still," I insisted again as Anora squirmed in the seat of my vanity.

"Is all of this really necessary?" she questioned. "I mean, I know that most people don't dress up with their uniforms, and-"

"Look," I interrupted, "they want to talk about us? We'll give them something to talk about. No one will be able to keep our names out of their mouths by the time we are finished."

"And that's a good thing because?"

"Because we decide what they'll be talking about."

She nodded. "Fair point, I'll give you that. But does it really require this much primping?"

"Trust me," I insisted, "you'll be thanking me when I'm done. And I almost...am....there!" I said, spinning her chair around to face the mirror.

"Wow..." she said. My naturally beautiful friend was merely enhanced by my skills of makeup.

"The magic of curling wands and contouring," I stated proudly. "We're going to have to buy you a whole new wardrobe as well, which I can easily arrange this weekend."

"Woah," she stopped me, "slow down. Is it really going to take this much effort?"

I gave her a look. "Of course. Just because they want to talk now doesn't mean they'll want to later. They all need to be taught a lesson, whether they know they're being taught or not."

She shook her head at me, but laughed, despite herself. "Okay, okay."

"Oh!" I exclaimed, searching through my drawers. "I almost forgot the most important part....the headband!"

It was her turn to give me an odd look. "Pardon? What does a bloody hair accessory have to do with school royalty?"

I looked at her with horror. "Haven't you ever seen Gossip Girl? Blair never leaves the house without her infamous headband. It's the equivalent of a tiara. Especially when paired with the right accessories."

I dressed up the plain school uniform so we were fit to attend tea with the Queen if necessary.

"Must I wear these horrid heels?" Anora complained. I sighed.

"Must I answer that horrid question?" I responded, and she laughed.

"Alright, I get it. Still, though. This is quite a bit of work."

I shrugged. "All part of the title, love."

We stood in front of my full length mirror. I had to admit, we were quite hot after that bit of extra primping. My silver jewels corresponded well with my silver leaf headband, which made me feel a bit like a literal Ice Queen. It seemed I was taking the title in stride. The gold of my uniform didn't clash, as much as it added to the expensive vibe I gave off.

I curled Anora's hair so that it delicately moved away from her face, and bounced lightly when she walked. I enhanced her blue eyes with a lovely bronze shade covering her lids, and added some pink gloss to her lips to attract attention there. I gave her a small pair of matte black heels to match her matte black skirt, and I decided to give her gold to match the bronze in her makeup.

After placing in our headbands, it was almost as if we were invincible. Clark Kent needed his cape, Peter Parker needed his webs, and now Anora and I had our headbands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Artemis: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=131785473
Anora: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=132129219