Status: Active

Inner Demons

Pathetic Little Snakes.

I walked out of the Great Hall with my head down. I don't like making eye contact, so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

"Well look how it is, mate? The quiet little Mudblood, Chambers."

I sighed at the male voice, turning around and looking at him. "Don't you have something better to do Crabbe?"

He slowly stalked toward me, smiling with his partner in crime, Gregory Goyle. The two boys were sorted into Slytherin house their first year, as I was in Gryffindor. The two houses never really liked each other, ever since the school was founded. I became friends with most from all the houses. Gryffindor, of course, Ravenclaw, because of my wits, Hufflepuff, because of my ability to find things and my kindness, and Slytherin, because of my "Slytherin tendencies." But these two, hated me because of my blood status.

"What is better than making you miserable Chambers?" Crabbe said, looking at Goyle. "Can you think of anything?"

"Nothing at all." Goyle replied, slyly smiling at me.

I rolled my eyes, "You two are pathetic little snakes."

"If I were you I would watch your mouth, Mudblood." Crabbe hissed.

I glared at him, "I was about to say the same thing to you, arrogant prick."

Before I could turn away, he reached forward and grabbed hold of my arm, squeezing it with much strength.

"Is this supposed to scare me? Are you supposed to scare me?" I leaned in close to him, our noses centimeters apart.

"I've about had enough of you." He said, glaring at me.

I did the same, "I suggest you let go of me."

"I think you should listen to the girl, Crabbe. You know she could probably make you cry for you mum."

Both of us snapped our heads to the side to see Draco Malfoy leaning against the pole closest to us.

"Sod off Malfoy, this is between me and the little Mud-"

"Say the rest of that and I will hex your slimy arse." He said calmly.

I looked at him with wide eyes. I for sure didn't need his help, but I was grateful he did. Grateful and confused. Didn't he believe in the blood status bull as well?

Crabbe turned his focus back to me, "This isn't over."

"You know where to find me." I said, watching him and Goyle glare at Malfoy as they retreated down the corridor.

After they were out of sight, I turned back to Malfoy, who was already walking toward me.

"Thank you for helping me. I could have handled it, but thank you." I said, grinning at him.

"Trust me, I know about you and you could have handled it. But I felt the need to stop them." he said with a cocky grin.

I stayed grinning at him. Merlin he was handsome. His platinum blonde hair was shiny and perfectly combed, his grey eyes were piercing and captivating, and his features were beyond comparison. But he was Draco Malfoy. Rumor tells of him following his fathers footsteps to being a Death Eater, and he was a major man whore. I could only think of a handful of girls he hadn't had romantic affairs with, including me. And I didn't want to set myself up for failure. I knew to keep a distance.

"I guess you can say we ran into each other twice today."

My cheeks flushed rose with embarrassment. "I'm sorry about that again."

"Don't be." He said, smiling at me.

I smiled back as I slowly backed away, "Well not to be rude, but I really need to meet my friend in the library."

"By all means." He said, gesturing for me to leave, "I know not to keep a girl from meeting her friend."

I chuckled as I nodded my head and quickly walked to my room to retrieve my notes and Potions book.