Status: Active

Inner Demons

Sick and Twisted Joke.

I held my school books against my torso as Artemis and I walked out of the library. I knew it was around dinner, but I wasn't even hungry.

I looked around to see all the other students walking with their friends into the Great Hall as Art's voice was chatting along in the background. I couldn't stop thinking what she said earlier that day.

"-so I think I'm going to Hawaii this summer break cause I am so tired of this London weather."

"Hawaii sounds nice." I said softly.

Artemis stopped and turned to me, "Something is making that brain of yours screech. What's on your mind? Are you worried about the student dueling in class tomorrow?"

I looked at her and furrowed my brow, "That's tomorrow?"

She nodded quickly, "And it sucks cause you can't choose your partner. Which doesn't effect us since we aren't in the same class… but still. It's stupid."

I shrugged, "Well I don't want to starve you, so you should head on to dinner?"

"You aren't coming?"

I shook my head, "Not really hungry actually. I think I'm just gonna go get a shower and read for a while."

"As much as I adore reading, aren't you taking it a little far if you won't even eat dinner?"

I chuckled, "You know thats not it."

Now it was her turn to shrug. "I guess I'll just see you later then. You'll be at breakfast tomorrow?"

I nodded, gave her a hug, and started off toward my room in the opposite side of the rather large castle. I was thankful to get back to my room without another altercation with Crabbey-ass and Gar-Goyle. I just wasn't in the mood.

I walked in the room and was instantly noticed by my beautiful Zeus. He had another letter tucked in his beak.

"Another letter? I didn't think I was this popular." I said to him, taking it out quickly and opening it.

Zeus was looking around the room and walking quickly. He seemed nervous.

"Are you ok Zeus?" I asked him, looking down at the letter.

"I like your owl Mudblood. I wonder what it would look like with its blood drained… thats a thought, isn't it?

My stomach flopped. Thinking of Zeus, or ANY animal in that was was sick and cruel.

"I've got my eyes on you. Everything you do, I know about it. You are no longer alone."

I rolled my eyes. This note had to be a joke. A very sick and twisted joke, but a joke none the less.

I quickly tossed the note over on the desk and looked at Zeus. "It was just a joke. No one is actually watching us."

He didn't seem to convince, but he relaxed when I reached down and pet his head.

"Come on," I said, picking up the small owl, "Time for bed."