Status: Active

Inner Demons

Gryffindor's New Princess.

I over looked my test sheet one last time and slightly smiled. I was positive that I answered all the answers correctly, as I always do. I pushed my chair out from the desk and quietly marched myself to the front of the room where Professor Slughorn was waiting. I was one of the first people done, with Hermione and Artemis close behind me. I smiled a small, shy smile to Slughorn as I turned in my test.

"Well, no surprise to see your face so early in the test." He said, smiling back to me as he took the parchment from my grasp.

I nodded and walked back towards my desk to collect my things. Since I finished the test early, I was aloud to leave the classroom.

One of the only reasons the students liked testing days.

"Of course those three are done first. I wonder how Hermione feels about Anora being Gryffindor's new Princess?" Blaise said to one of his Slytherin friends.

"She's probably devastated. Plus the fact that she might be smarter than Hermione." The black hairs Slytherin replied.

"Her and Artemis both." Blaise said matter-of-factly. "With Anora as Princess and Artemis as Queen, it makes me want to show them my Gryffindor side-"

"Mr. Zabini and Mr. Blake! No talking is permitted during the test!" Slughorn bellowed.

They looked down at their tests quietly, making me stifle a giggle. I turned back to my desk and collect my books. I smiled at Artemis as she stalked back to the desk to get her things as well.

"Super easy." She mouthed, making me nod slightly, smiling.

I waited for her to grab her things, but she waved me off.

"You go on ahead. Class is ending in a few anyway. And I think I need to have a word with Blaise." She whispered.

"Zabini? Why do you need to talk to him?"

"Just following up on something I heard earlier in the common room. Nothing major. I'll meet you after classes in the Great Hall."

I nodded to her as I turned and left the room. I knew it was better not to ask anymore questions about the Blaise matter. If she wanted me to know the truth, she would tell me.

I stepped out of the classroom and walked down the hall towards the DADA classroom, when a bird- shaped parchment flew towards me. I put my books in one arm and caught the bird in my free hand. I looked around, but no one seemed to notice it.

I walked over to the stone bench beside the wall and places my books beside me as I sat down. I watched the parchment flap its wings, eager to be opened up. I slowly touched the parchment, making it fold out into a regular rectangular shaped paper.

"I heard that you are now Gryffindor's Princess. It fits you more than it did Granger.
DM."


I smiled, shaking my head. I should have known it was Draco when I saw the bird, knowing as how he sent notes to Harry the same way. But why was he being so… nice to me? He didn't like my kind, everyone who's heard of the Malfoy's know that.

Putting it in the back of my mind, I grabbed my things and walked into my next class. As expected, Draco was leaning against the wall, watching the door. He smirked his famous smirk when he saw me, making my heart jump slightly.

Bloody hell…

"As you all know, today we are going to practice being in battle with one another." Snape said in his usual monotone voice. "I have assigned partners that seemed most fit for each other, evenly matched if you would like."

I sideway glanced towards Draco, feeling his eyes making holes in the side of my head.

"First up," he said, reading off a long list, "Draco Malfoy and Anora Chambers."

My eyes widened for a moment, but then realized that it was going to end up happening. Malfoy and her were almost equal with magic, everyone knew it. Plus, they were both better than Hermione.

She took her wand out as she walked up on the platform, turning and facing Draco. He smiled at her, holding his wand at his side.

"Prepared to get your arse handed to you, Chambers?" That smirk again.

I quickly relayed the smirk, "Whatever you think, Malfoy."

"And.." Snape's voice rumbled, "Begin!"