Status: Complete

I Didn't Mean to Fall in Love (But I Did)

Gerard and Frank are Adorable

“Are we going to tell Mikey or wait for him to just figure it out?” Frank asks.

He’s lying next to Gerard in bed, and mostly he’s just trying to talk himself into sleep, because today’s probably been the best day of his life and he wants to end it on a high note. Today was his and Gerard’s first whole day as a real couple, and it felt fantastic. In more ways than one. Mostly emotionally, but physically it didn’t feel bad either.

“He’ll figure it out sooner or later. He’s stupid, and I hate him, but he’s not that stupid,” Gerard says.

“Well alright,” Frank says, “You know I have to find a job.”

“I blame Aaron for you getting fired,” Gerard says.

“Of course you do.”

“I hate him.”

“So I’ve heard,” Frank says.

“Do you not hate him? Seriously? He threw a bowl at your face.”

“I remember what happened. I just, I guess, I was really surprised by what he did. It didn’t seem like him. I don’t exactly like him looking back on it, but I still haven’t figured out who the hell he actually was.”

“He was a dick,” Gerard says.

Frank nods, and looks at Gerard, curling into him a little more, “he was. He was a charming asshole.”

“Emphasis on the asshole,” Gerard says.

“You know, Gerard. I’m content with my decision. I like you miles more than I ever liked Aaron. I feel way different about you than I did about him, and I always have. I don’t want you to insult the person he was though. Before the incident, he was still a good person. I still liked him. I guess he was just massively jealous, and I never saw it. I wish I had, because then I wouldn’t have wasted as much time as I did swooning over him instead of you. Maybe we could’ve had a little bit more time together, but still, I don’t regret knowing him.”

“I hated him,” Gerard says, “I’m not going to be like him, you know.”

“I know.”

“I can’t take you to fancy restaurants, or buy you expensive presents. I can’t show you off to all my rich friends and make them jealous of how hot my boyfriend is, because all my friends are your friends too. I can’t be this debonair, button-down businessmen,” Gerard says.

“I know. I wouldn’t want you to be. I want the guy who eats pizza on Friday’s and has a cubicle job that barely pays a legal wage. I want the guy who already knows all of my friends,” Frank says, “the fact is that I don’t care about how much money you have, I just like you.”

Gerard smiles and squeezes Frank with the arm he has around his back. He’s come to the conclusion that Frank is the best cuddler in the world, and there’s no one better than him. He’s warm, but not way too warm, and he smells really nice. Also he seems to just fit really well against Gerard’s body like memory foam.

“I’m just glad that you got away from Aaron before he could do more than just throw a bowl at you,” Gerard says.

“Well, he probably would’ve done more, but I am faster than him. Also Aaron has the worst fucking aim ever. I think I saw him throw a million things onto the floor that he’d been trying to get into the garbage. Not very good at it.”

“Well I’m fantastic at darts,” Gerard says.

Frank snorts and looks at Gerard judgingly, “you’re so dumb.”

“I know,” Gerard says, “but I bet I can beat you at darts.”

“I can beat you at checkers.”

“Well maybe we need to test that out and see if we’re both right,” Gerard says, “but that’s for another time. I’m sleepy now.”

“You’re cute when you’re sleepy,” Frank says turning his head to look at Gerard, who looks really sweet and calm when he’s tired. Frank’s always liked that look on him admittedly. He likes Gerard’s small little yawns, and the way his eyelids get heavy like he’s a little kitten.

“Today was a really good day,” Frank states, as he puts his head in the corner between Gerard’s shoulder and the pillow.

“No today was a major loss. Pete really did steal our poptarts,” Gerard says. “But we did make some macaroni art.”

“What does that even mean?” Frank asks. “Like, I assume fucking, but why on earth is that the innuendo Pete went with?”

“It’s Pete we’re talking about.”

Frank nods and sighs, “Explanation enough.”

“Why do we hang out with Pete?” Gerard asks, and Frank can tell he’s already drifting off.

“Because we like Patrick and Patrick probably wouldn’t hang out with us if we didn’t invite Pete. Also, he’s the easiest one to blame things on, and the victim of most joke punchlines.”

“That’s why,” Gerard says softly.

When Frank wakes up, Gerard is drooling a little bit on the pillow. It’s kind of cute, and also makes him look like an idiot, which is fitting. Frank looks down at him for a few minutes before giggling to himself and poking Gerard in the temple to wake him up. He groans first and tries to push Frank away, but Frank pokes him again and waits. He watches Gerard’s eyes flicker open and waits for him to look up.

“It’s Monday. You’ve gotta go to work,” Frank says, and Gerard groans.

“No I don’t,” he says and pulls the covers up to hide his face.

“Hiding from the big bad work thing doesn’t make it go away,” Frank chides, and Gerard makes a small noise. He peaks his eyes up from under the blanket and looks up at Frank with his pretty eyes meeting Frank’s. Frank’s heart stops a little bit, because holy fuck that’s adorable. He wishes he had a camera to take a picture of how cute Gerard is right now.

“Come on, Gerard,” Frank says, and he tries to tug Gerard’s arm out of his blanket cocoon, but he pulls Frank back. Gerard’s pull is a little stronger, so Frank ends up with his torso on top of Gerard’s. He looks down at Gerard, who Frank has come to the conclusion, always has messy hair when he wakes up. His elbows are on Gerard’s chest, and he’s worried that he’s putting too much weight onto him, but Gerard doesn’t even seem to notice.

“You did that on purpose,” Frank says, smiling.

“Yep,” Gerard replies, before pulling his hand out and putting it on the back of Frank’s head to push him downward. He also pulls his head up a little bit to meet Frank so that he can kiss him. Frank lets it happen, even though, yeah, morning breath is a bitch, and he still doesn’t like it very much. Though really, it’s Gerard so he’s glad to be kissing the guy at all.

“Frank, I can’t go to work today,” he makes a fake cough, “I’m sick.”

“Boo, you whore.”

“Oh god we really are disgusting,” Gerard says cringing, “don’t tell Pete what just happened.”

Frank laughs at the look on his face, which also deserves to be immortalized by a picture. Gerard’s very good at making faces, and Frank’s kind of surprised that he never noticed that.

“I hadn’t planned on it,” Frank says, “maybe we should not tell him about what’s going to happen now.”

“Why whaa-” Gerard’s cut off when Frank starts kissing his neck, and his eyes bulge out a little bit, because he just woke up. He just woke up and Frank is perfect and there’s something sexy about quoting Mean Girls.

“Hold on a sec,” Gerard says, pushing Frank back. He reaches over to the nightstand and grabs his phone. Frank makes a moping face before Gerard presses a few buttons and then dials someone.

“Hi, I’m, uh, unable to come into work today because I’ve got, uh,” Gerard is getting distracted by the dirty look in Frank’s eyes and he scrambles for something, “just sick and all that.”

~*~*~*~

“Geraaaaaard,” Frank says stringing his name out, because he’s trying to focus. Gerard is making it hard to focus because he’s far too sexy for one thing, and for another, he keeps nibbling on Frank’s ear.

“What?” Gerard asks, like he doesn’t know what he’s doing to Frank when obviously he does.

“I have to get a fucking job, Gerard. You’re distracting me,” Frank says with an angry tone, though he’s not actually angry.

“Aw, I’m sorry,” Gerard says, “do you want me to stop?”

Frank reaches an impasse there, because obviously he doesn’t want Gerard to stop. He has a brain, obviously he doesn’t want Gerard to stop, but at the same time, he also does want to go about finding a place to work soon, so he doesn’t feel so useless just sitting at home.

“Ugh, no, I don’t want you to stop,” Frank says, and then whispers, “jackass.”

Gerard smiles at him, and Frank rolls his eyes. Gerard’s pressed against the headrest of the couch while Frank is sitting between his legs with his back to Gerard. He’s got his computer on his knees, adjusting his résumé, which is severely outdated.

“I can’t help it,” Gerard says, “You’re cute.”

“Yeah, well,” Frank says absently, “when I finish this, then we can, well...”

“We’re going to need macaroni, some glitter glue, and construction paper.”

Franks snorts and looks at Gerard whose head is practically on Frank’s shoulder now, “are you going to make a picture for Pete to hang on his refrigerator?”

“Among other things,” Gerard says.

“You know, Gerard, it’s really hard to sound dirty when you’re talking about a craft traditionally made by six year olds in preschool,” Frank says.

“Who says I was talking about sex?” Gerard asks. “Maybe I just really want to make macaroni art.”

“Yeah?” Frank asks.

“Yep,” Gerard nods.

“Well we don’t have any glitter glue so you’re going to have to go out to get some,” Frank says, “and also poptarts, cookies, and Kit Kats.”

“Anything else, your majesty?”

“I need a dinosaur named Winston,” Frank says.

“That’s a curious shopping list,” Gerard says.

“Well hop to it then,” Frank says, and pushes Gerard off the couch so that he falls onto the floor.

“That wasn’t very nice of you,” Gerard says, looking up at Frank with a frown.

“No, but it was hilarious.”
♠ ♠ ♠
That's right. Despicable Me and Mean Girls references both in the same chapter. You're welcome.