Status: Finished! (8/12-10/5)

Counting Stars

Ten

December 2013- Marisol’s POV
I took a seat next to the Quick’s and let out a small groan. My leg was hurting again so that meant the brace had to be on. I wore some black skinny jeans with my olive green UGGs and Mike’s jersey. My hair was down and I wore little make up considering I did not sleep at all last night.

“Where are your boys?”

I leaned back and groaned.

“They’re in Australia already” I told Jaclyn.

She frowned and Jon groaned.

“Aww what a shame”

I laughed and nodded. She wanted them to babysit her kids because they were giving Jon a headache.

“They boarded a flight about two nights ago. They didn’t want to go but I promised the moms they’d be home for Christmas” I said.

“I bet it was nice to have the house filled with chatter”

“Yea it was but hey I’m used to it being quiet. When Tyler is there though it is always loud” I said.

“Aww I was hoping you’d join the hot mom’s club”

Jon chuckled and I shook my head at him.

“Nope, I’m only 24” I said.

She nodded.

“They enjoyed the hockey games anyways. They’re mad because there have been no fights” I said.

She laughed.

“They are adorable and their accents are so nice”

I laughed.

“They think my quote “American accent” isn’t normal” I said.

“You talk a little faster than some people, but it’s normal”

I shrugged and she smiled.

“Don’t let them hear that you think they are adorable. Apparently that’s a no-no and making fun of their love for black jeans is bas as well” I said.

She laughed and shook her head.

“How’s the leg feeling Jon?” I asked.

He frowned and shrugged.

“I’m good but Coach doesn’t think so”

I laughed lightly and shook my head.

“You’re like part of America’s hope for a medal” I said.

He looked at me.

“Quit worrying. Your spot on the team will be fine even if Martin wins this game” I said.

He nodded slowly and looked at me. He then looked up and raised an eyebrow.

“Uh”

I turned around and smiled.

“Alex!” I said.

He smiled and hugged me as tight as he could. I had missed this tall skyscraper. I had been his tutor for his financing class his freshman year.

“I bumped into a few guys and I asked for you. They told me you were here”

I pulled away and smiled at him.

“You made it big already!” I said.

He nodded slowly and looked down at my leg.

“What exactly happened to you?”

I laughed and he told me to sit down. I sat down and I let out a deep breath.

“Remember how I was always whining about leg pain?” I asked.

He nodded.

“I was playing with an ACL injury and I didn’t know and well Kara and I were on a run and something just snapped. I fell on my knee and I couldn’t get up. I had to get ACL surgery and Knee like reconstruction” I said.

“They replaced your kneecap?”

“No, I have two pieces of metals. My knee wasn’t that bad thank god” I said.

He nodded slowly and smiled.

“So you’re still with Mike I see, but what have you been doing with those two degrees you got?”

“I help manage a band with Isaac” I said.

“Nice, where is he?”

“He’s on his way” I said.

“Nice, I want to see him after so wait for me after the game. We got a lot to catch on”

I nodded and he looked at me.

“Have you talked to your sister?”

“No” I said.

He nodded.

“She’s dating one of my teammates”

I nodded.

“If he starts something”

I smiled, so Tessa’s boyfriend liked fighting.

“Jon here will end it” I said.

He looked up and looked at Jon who still looked intimidating even when he had his two kids on his lap.

“Right. I’ll see you later then. Sorry for interrupting”

“You weren’t man”

He nodded and waved; just like that he was gone.

“Who is your sister dating?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t actually gotten to talk with Jake. He’s with Isaac though so I’ll see him tonight” I said.

“Oh you’re talking with your other brother?”

I nodded and he hummed.

“That’s good”

I nodded and he looked at me.

“Can I beat up your dad?”

“Get in line for that” I told him.

He laughed and looked at me.

“Where are you going for Olympic break? Will you go to Sochi if he makes the team?”

“Well Mike said he didn’t make the team and he mentioned Hawaii. Of course I will, I couldn’t go to all the games in Vancouver since I had school, but I still took time off” I said.

“Nice”

I nodded and I looked at Jon.

“You of course will be like the starter” I said.

He laughed.

“You are always so positive”

I winked at him and Maddie began humming something. I laughed lightly when I recognized the song she was humming. I guess the boys were singing to her.

“She’s a fan”

I looked at Jaclyn and she laughed.

“Who was it? Luke was singing it to her the other day but he censored a lot of lyrics out by humming them or going lalala”

I laughed, those boys.

“She likes him”

“My daughter likes no one!”

I laughed as Jon hugged Maddie.

“Only your dad right and Carter…and mommy.”

She laughed and I stood up.

“I’m going to see if I find Mike” I said.

They nodded and I made my way down the hall. What I found instead was a 6’0 tall man being blocked by a 6’1 man. The taller one turned around and I smiled.

“Hi Tyler” I said.

Tyler Seguin smiled at me before he proceeded to push the other one away from me.

“I’ll see you later!”

The guys pushed Tyler to the wall and looked at me. He blinked slowly and I realized what was going on. This was Tessa’s boyfriend.

“Are you Marisol?”

I looked at him.

“Why do you ask?” I asked.

He looked at me and he looked at my leg.

“What’s wrong with your leg?”

“Wow, aren’t you polite. I’m Marisol and you are?” I asked.

“Antoine…Tessa’s boyfriend”

I hummed and nodded.

“This is the aftermath of knee reconstruction and ACL surgery” I said.

He nodded and looked at the brace on my leg.

“Marisol! Isaac is here with J-“

I turned around to see my brother …sorry brothers looking at me.

“Jake, what are you doing here?”

“Fixing my relation with my siblings what does it look like I’m doing?”

I looked at Jake and I noticed how tall he was. He was about my height and although he had a slight bruised eye you could see how blue eyes they were.

“Jake” I said.

He smiled and I pulled him into a hug. He hugged me tight and pulled away.

“What’s wrong with your leg?”

“Nothing, I’ll explain it later” I told him.

He nodded slowly and I turned to Antoine.

“Do you need anything from me?” I asked.

He nodded slowly.

“Yea…. I want to talk…no screaming or anything…just talk”

I nodded and I followed him to the other side.

“Talk” I said.

“She makes you seem like someone horrible. Like a slut”

I laughed.

“I’ve been dating Mike for 5 years. I’m not a slut” I said.

He nodded slowly and smiled slightly.

“Jake and her don’t really get along”

“I saw that. He doesn’t really like you either” I said.

“I haven’t really met him. I know who he is because I was invited to dinner last time”

I nodded and he looked at me.

“Why does she hate you?”

I laughed lightly.

“I don’t hate her at all. She’s my sister we all make mistakes. It hurt though that she sided with my stepmom the day my dad kicked my brother and I out of the house” I said.

“I didn’t know that. There are like literally no pictures of you two around the house…you look like your mom. That’s all I know”

I nodded slowly.

“Yea, except mom had brown eyes. Anyways…she dislikes me because she backstabbed us in the back and well we went to the same University together. She tried to be all buddy buddy with me and Isaac and well…if you were in my position”

“I get you”

I nodded and he sighed.

“Good luck” I told him.

He laughed softly and shook his head.

“She’s cheating on me, I’m just waiting to get home to dump her whore ass”

I smiled.

“She’s my sister. Don’t talk about her like that” I said.

He nodded and smiled.

“The sad part was that I actually love her”

I grabbed his hand.

“You’ll find a girl. It’s a good thing you found out now right?” I asked.

He nodded and I smiled.

“I heard you’re really successful from Tyler…good job…prove your family wrong”

“You too. Prove the NHL that people from France deserve to have a chance and tell Ty to lay off the booze and to shave” I said.

He smiled.

“You two are really different”

I smiled.

“Thanks… I really have to go before Mike comes to look for me” I said.

“Does he treat you well?”

I nodded and he smiled.

“That’s good…it was nice meeting you”

“You too. Have fun tonight” I told him.

I made my way to Mike who looked at me.

“We just talked” I said.

He nodded and I kissed his cheek. He looked down at me and I smiled at him. He nodded and let out a deep breath. Mike was ready to kick someone’s ass. Thankfully no ass kicking would come from him.

“I’ll see you after” I told him.

He nodded and I walked over to Jake and Isaac.

“Let’s go” I said.

Jake looked at me with slight wide eyes and I looked at him. His hair had darkened up and he was slightly tanned now. He wore blue jeans and the kings third jersey. I looked at his arm to see a C on it. He was wearing a Dustin Brown jersey. I don’t think Mike’s going to like this. Isaac and I actually got him into hockey. Everyday afterschool we would go to the backyard and crush the cans. We had one hockey stick so Isaac and I would switch turns tossing them into the recycling bin. Jake wasn’t allowed to play with us since he was younger but he would always watch. We would sit him on a chair and he would just watch. My mom loved the kings and gretzky so we would sometimes go to the Forum and watch hockey games. Good times good times. I don’t think Jake’s ever been to one before since his mom wouldn’t let him play since it was dangerous.

“Your dating Mike Richards?”

I hummed and nodded at him. I slung an arm around his shoulder and smiled at him.

“Let’s go watch the game. Come on” I told him.

Martin lost his first game that night, and the losing streak would continue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i haven't posted!I've been really busy and here you guys go!

Jake and Tessa