Status: Finished! (8/12-10/5)

Counting Stars

Twelve

------------------
Mike’s POV- January 2014
“Nash should have stayed…the only reason they picked Kunitz is because he’s Crosby’s bitch! Why isn’t Seabrook in the roster? Jamie Benn though…I like him he worked hard”

I watched as Marisol continued to find an excuse as to why I didn’t make the team. She then huffed and looked at me. She was pretty pissed because her eyebrows were perfectly arched and as Isaac called it, her “Bitch face” was showing.

“I hope next Olympics they make it an under 24 tournament. I want it to go back to the day these athletes went to college. I mean Jeff hardly knew how to write his name when I met him. We need educated people in the NHL…no offense Mike”

I laughed and she looked at me.

“I want young teams not an All Star team!”

She crossed her arms and looked at me.

“Fuck them…we can go to Hawaii like you said and we will have a way better time”

I smiled and nodded at her.

“But I want to call Jeff and congratulate him”

I nodded and she pulled out her phone. She did congratulate him and he thanked her

“Maybe since Stamkos is still injured you can go in his place”

I shook my head.

“Nah, I booked the flight already” I said.

She nodded.

“You already have an Olympic medal…. you don’t need two”

I smiled at her and nodded.

“Want to know what I need?” I asked.

I watched as her eyes turned a little wide.

“I want my girlfriend to stop freaking out and come over here and give me a nice kiss” I told her.

“Just that?”

I nodded and she smiled.

“I can do that!”

She jumped on the bed and her lips met mine.

“I don’t mind honestly. It’d be nice you know but hey I get to spend time with you” I told her.

She nodded and put her head on my shoulder.

“I don’t like seeing you sad”

I chuckled lightly.

“I’ll live” I told her.

She pulled away and sat on my lap.

“So what are we going to do in Hawaii?”

I smiled at her.

“Anything” I said.

She smiled and kissed my cheek.

“I love you”

I smiled up at her.

“I love you too” I told her.

She moved around on my lap trying to get comfortable and I laughed when she finally settled.

“We can be naked”

“We can” I said leaning my head back on the pillow.

“No Isaac”

“No Isaac” I repeated.

She laughed and kissed my cheek. Marisol was really cuddly and I learned that after a couple of months of dating her. She didn’t like PDA but behind closed doors she hugged me and kissed my cheek all the time.

“I miss your shaved face”

I looked at her.

“Do you?” I asked.

“I mean I like this fuzz but clean is better”

I nodded at her and she rubbed her face against mine…like a cat.

“So you have a game tonight?”

I hummed and she looked at me.

“What do you want to eat? I’ll make you anything”

I smiled and shrugged.

“You cook great, anything is fine” I said.

She frowned and looked at me.

“Come on Mike, there has to be something you want to eat”

“You’ll take it to me?” I asked her.

“Yes, me and my Richards jersey will take it to you”

I smiled at her, I loved it when she wore my jersey. It was nice that someone I loved was wearing my jersey, and black looked way better than orange.

“Ok” I said.

She cocked her head to the side.

“Make me some chicken soup” I told her.

She smiled and nodded.

“Ok”

She kissed me and then proceeded to kiss my cheek and nose and face in general.

“I love you” I told her.

She looked at me and smiled. Something that always made me go like puddy was when I told her I loved her and she would smile and cock her head to the left.

“I love you too Mike”

I smiled and she sat back.

“Remember when you would call me Michael?” I asked her.

She smiled and nodded. When we first met I introduced myself as Mike but she called me Michael. From then on it was Michael and it wasn’t until we were dating that she started calling me Mike.

“I only call you Michael when I’m mad at you now”

I laughed and she kissed my cheek.

“How about”

Her lips trailed down my neck and I groaned.

“Game tonight” I managed to tell her.

“Such a shame then right”

I laughed and nodded.

“After though? I suggested.

She smiled and nodded.

“Ok come on lets get up”

She hopped off of me and left the room. I let out a sigh of relief when I heard Isaac in the kitchen. I walked to the living room and glanced into the kitchen. Isaac was telling her something and he glanced up at me and smiled as he turned back to what he was saying to his sister. I pulled my phone out and looked at them.

They have always been really close from what I’ve seen and from what I’ve heard.
Isaac used to play baseball and swim since they happened to be seasonal sports. When everything went downhill he had two options. He could swim at BU or he could play baseball at Boston College. He was great at outfield and he could have gotten drafted, but he chose BU when he realized that him and Marisol would have been split. The problem was that Marisol was being looked at by Boston College and Arizona State but their step mom managed to ruin that. She told the scouts that Marisol wasn’t interested in any of them. The longest they’ve gone without talking to each other were 2 weeks and that was because Isaac was in rehab. Marisol cried a lot during that time and he was drugged up to notice what was going on. Those two are attached to the hip, so it was hard to get him to trust me. He chose swimming though and well he was really good as well. It wasn’t till after our second year when Isaac had his Olympic gold medal and Marisol had her Olympic silver medal that Boston College offered both of them a scholarship. She could have transferred and gone to a well-known softball team. She turned it down though. Why? Boston University gave her everything when she needed it. They literally found me her scholarship and accepted her when she didn’t even apply to that school. She was grateful and that’s why she had to turn it down. Isaac almost went back to play baseball but he chose not. Even if it meant telling Pete Frates that he couldn’t take the beautiful offer he was being offered.

“Dude”

I blinked and Isaac looked at me.

“So you’re taking my sister to Hawaii?”

I nodded and he smiled.

“That’s nice, all of Olympic break?”

“Nonsense, I talked with Kara and she will be in Europe on time” I said.

He sighed of relief.

“Yea cause the dweebs would get mad”

“Stop calling them dweebs”

I looked at Marisol and smiled.

“It’s a good nickname” I said.

“Better than what I had”

“Moving on”

Isaac laughed and I signaled that I wanted to talk to him. Marisol looked at me and Isaac grinned at her.

“About what?”

I looked at Isaac.

“Don’t worry, he will know nothing” I said.

Isaac raised an eyebrow but followed me outside.

“You want my sisters hand in marriage”

He was good. I nodded and turned to him. He nodded and smiled at me.

“Yea, definitely. I was beginning to worry that you were never going to ask her”

I laughed.

“You know how busy I’ve been and well you two have been as well” I said.

He nodded and laughed.

“This year?”

“Sometime during the summer or the end of summer” I said.

He nodded.

“Yea cause I expect to be here when it happens”

I laughed and nodded.

“What if we win the cup?” I asked him.

He looked at me and then shook his head.

“No, I’d find a way to kick your ass if you won and asked Marisol to marry you”

“I know you would” I said.

He nodded and looked at me.

“We will be in LA on our birthdays”

I looked at him and thought about it.

“That sounds really good because that means she can finally think nice things about that day” I said.

He nodded and looked at me.

“Just one thing”

“I know” I told him.

He raised an eyebrow.

“If I hurt her you can personally hit me with a wooden or metal bat” I said.

He laughed.

“I was just going to tell you to take care of my sister”

I looked at him.

“Of course you were” I told him.

He laughed and followed me back.

“But since you mentioned that”

He laughed when I turned to look at him.

“I wont beat you with a metal bat…I’ll just kill you”

See this side of Isaac was a side I did not like. When I first started going out with Marisol he told me left would go first if I made her cried. He was talking about my man parts. My left nut would go first and painful, and then my right one would go. I’d be so scarred that I’d never had sex. I didn’t really believe him until I saw how good Kara was with a needle.

“Thank you for scarring me for eternity” I said.

He laughed and we walked into the house.

“How was your conversation?”

I looked at Isaac who nodded and looked at her.

“He was telling me about this new fishing technique. You know since you’re not really into that”

She made a face and nodded. She does fish but if she didn’t have to she wouldn’t.

“Ok”

I nodded and kissed her cheek.

“I need to go change” I told her.

She nodded and I turned to him.

“When do you head out?” I asked Isaac.

“Two days”

I nodded.

“Are you going to the game?”

He nodded and pulled out his phone.

“We are, see you then”

I nodded and I waved at him as I walked to the bedroom. By the time I came out he was out of sight with Marisol saying he needed to run an errand to Nana’s.

“I’ll see you later” I told her.

She nodded and I pecked her lips.

“Love you!”

“Love you too” I called out as I opened the garage door and Che along with Arnold walked inside.

I closed the door and got into my car and pulled out my phone. I turned on my car and slipped on my seatbelt…I needed to focus on the game tonight not what ring size Marisol is.
♠ ♠ ♠
here you guys go!