Status: Finished! (8/12-10/5)

Counting Stars

Five

Mike’s POV- April 2013
I opened the door and Toff yawned. I made sure to shut the door quietly because we had two extra guests in the house right now. Two of the band members Marisol managed wanted to go to a hockey game. The other two wanted to go home, so she got two later flights for the two that wanted to stay here.

“I am exhausted”

I nodded agreeing with him.

“Right back at you man” I said as we walked into the house.

“TV is on”

I nodded.

“Marisol got in a while ago but shhh there are two other boys here” I told him.

“I will meet them tomorrow”

I nodded and he walked to his room. Che saw him and followed him to his room. The beagle liked sleeping with him so well he slept there. I walked into the living room and smiled at the sight.

“These aren’t boys they’re bears” I said as I saw how cuddled up they were to her.

She laughed and nodded slowly.

“I don’t have the heart to wake them. They are exhausted”

I looked at their faces and saw how dark their eye bags were.

“The bed is over there. Either I carry them or you wake them” I said.

She shook their shoulders to where she received a groan from each of them. I looked at them and nodded, she had the oldest and the youngest of the band. I couldn’t tell which one was the oldest or youngest though…they were both taller than me.

“Come on now, let’s get you two to bed”

“We failed”

She stood up and helped them both up.

“We don’t have to be up early?”

“No”

“That’s nice”

I smiled and followed them. She was holding them both from the waist and it was funny seeing her try to get them to walk. They were really tired.

“If you don’t walk, Mike will carry you”

“No that’s weird…I don’t know him…I can’t even see him”

She led them into the room and I walked my bedroom. I let out a deep breath and slipped off my pants. I was in just my briefs when I heard a whistle. I turned around and Marisol smiled at me.

“You look good”

“Really?” I asked.

She hummed and nodded.

“How was your trip?” I asked her as I pecked her lips.

“I’m exhausted”

I smiled.

“Why were you up?” I asked.

“They wanted to meet you, but as you heard them they failed”

I chuckled and she smiled at me

“You scored a goal”

She kissed my cheek and rubbed my arms.

“Come on let’s get to bed” I said.

Sleep came fast, and as fast as it came….it was gone. My alarm rang at 9am and Marisol groaned and shut it off.

“Do we need to be up?” I asked her as she cuddled up to me.

“No”

She cuddled up to me and shook her head.

“The boys and Ty are still asleep”

“How do you know?” I asked.

“Because I needed to pee about 10 minutes ago”

I laughed lightly and looked at her.

“I also let Arnold out to pee, and I let Rascal out of the boys room, and Che refused to get out of bed so I let him stay in there. I just left the door cracked open”

“It’s weird seeing the dogs and a cat get along now” I noted.

She nodded and I laughed when she covered my mouth.

“Go to sleep”

I closed my eyes and took a small nap until I woke up to Arnold barking. Marisol groaned and sat up.

“Ok, we need to get up. It is 10:30 already”

She walked out of the room.

“Morning Ty”

He just mumbled something as she passed by him. I sat up and rubbed my eyes as I got out of bed. I went straight into the shower and I woke myself up. After that was done I slipped a white plain t-shirt and some black shorts. I made my way to the living room and the doorbell rung.

“If it’s Jeff don’t answer!”

I laughed and made my way to the door.

“Since when does Jeff ring a doorbell?”

I nodded and opened the door.

“Hey man, come on in” I said stepping back to let in Isaac and his girlfriend Kara.

“Morning man”

We man hugged and Kara smiled at me. She grinned when she saw her cat who launched himself at her.

“Morning Mike”

“Morning Kara” I said hugging her.

She pulled away and smiled at Tyler.

“You must be Tyler, I’m Kara”

He nodded and shook her hand.

“Marisol’s best friend who is dating her brother”

She nodded and excused herself. I looked up to see a blond and a brunet looking at me slowly. They looked at Tyler and opened their mouths.

“I have a hard time leaning your names, but I’m Mike” I said.

They smiled and the blond with the piercing on his lip nodded and shook my outstretched hand.

“Luke”

I nodded and shook the brunet’s hand.

“Ashton”

“Well I hope you guys slept well” I said.

They nodded and I looked into the kitchen.

“That’s Tyler, he’s a teammate” I said.

They shook his hand and Toff looked down at his phone. He looked at me and then looked into the kitchen and yelled out.

“JEFF IN 5…4….3…2…1”

We looked at the door and it opened.

“No breakfast yet man” I said as Jeff closed the door.

The 6’4 man frowned at us and huffed.

“What the hell!”

I laughed and I heard Marisol laugh.

“Jeff, go home”

She peaked out and he opened his arms.

“Give me a hug!”

She laughed and hugged him.

“What are you making?”

“Pancakes, plain for you and chocolate chip for the boys”

“Am I considered a boy?”

She looked at Ty.

“No”

He frowned and she looked at Jeff.

“Just pancakes”

“Isaac”

“Eggs and no bacon for the hockey players”

“You guys are cruel!”

Jeff stuck his head into the kitchen and I laughed.

“Hello young boys…which ones are they?”

“Geez you don’t even pay attention to what I say”

“I know their names but I don’t know the name to the face”

I heard Marisol laugh.

“Say their names”

Jeff looked at her.

“Michael, Luke, Ashton and Calum”

“Two middle ones”

He nodded and laughed.

“You guys are a lot taller than I thought you’d be. Excited to go to a game?”

“Yea”

“It’s going to be a good game, it decides all”

“If you win you play the blues and if you lose which you wont you will play the canucks?”

“Yes”

“Those two teams hate you guys…ruined their dreams to win a cup last year”

“It was worth it right Kara?”

“Of course!”

I looked into the kitchen.

“Dude you know better” I said when I heard Jeff yelp when he got hit in that hand by Kara for trying to steal bacon.

“I thought she’d cut me some slack…I’ve been good”

“I doubt it Jeff”

He huffed and Marisol came back with two plates.

“Here you go”

She handed us each a plate and I looked at her.

“Practice?”

“Like at 2” I said.

She nodded and I took a bit of my eggs.

“Thanks” I told her.

She smiled and went back to the kitchen. I heard Radioactive begin to play and I chuckled when I heard Isaac and Marisol belt out the song. Isaac had been in rehab during the time when Marisol worked on the album with Imagine Dragons, so he did not help write any songs. I could proudly say my girlfriend helped write those catchy songs everyone was hearing.

“She co-wrote that song”

Toff looked at Jeff and then at me. I nodded confirming it and he nodded impressed.

“That explains her in the music video”

I nodded and he looked at me.

“She scared the crap out of me. She was out there during Hurricane Sandy” I said shaking my head.

“Didn’t you think she was in Australia?”

“I did, it turned out she had flown out to New York and was then going to fly back to La and to Australia. She left that part out and then I got a call from Isaac asking where his sister was. She kinda forgot to tell him as well except Kara got a hold of her” I said.

Toff laughed and I shook my head.

“I almost died of a heart attack” I said.

“It’s true, lover boy almost did die. The lockout happening and speeds scaring the crap out of him”

I glanced into the kitchen where I heard a voice sing. I stood up and peaked into the kitchen. The boys were singing the chorus as Marisol hummed and swayed slowly as she ate. She looked up and smiled at me and I laughed as I kissed her cheek.

“You guys are good” I said going back to my place in the couch.

I took a bite of my toast and I heard my phone go off in the room. Toff’s went off as well, followed by Jeff who chose to ignore it and then Marisol’s phone went off.

“That’s like some scary Pretty little liars shit”

Marisol laughed and I heard her laugh lightly.

“Mike”

“Yea?” I asked as I took a sip of my orange juice.

“Hurry up you three, your captain’s wife just texted me to tell you that you have a meeting”

I made a face and stood up. Of course we had a meeting, Jeff made a face and handed me his plate. I rolled my eyes and began walking towards the kitchen.

“Ugh, playoff talks”

“At least we’re in the playoffs!”

Marisol made her way over to me and smiled as she took the plates from me.

“Have fun”

I laughed and she pecked my lips.

“They have good voices”I old her.

“Thanks! I don’t even sing!”

I laughed and Marisol looked at me.

“Drummer”

I nodded slowly and she tapped me.

“Be gone now”

She left to the kitchen with the dirty plates while I went to brush my teeth and get my duffle bag. Playoffs were coming and we were guaranteed a spot. We didn’t have home game advantage though, but when has that mattered. A few days later The Kings beat the Sharks, and the next morning they were off to Vancouver where it took 6 games to get them to the next round. In that round we faced the Sharks and it took all 7 games to get them to the Western conference final. Sadly our cup run was over in 5 games against the Blackhawks. There was always next year for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler but i said i would post and although it is 1am i will post tomorrow like at noon maybe. Byeeee! Tell me what you guys think! I may not reply to you guys but it's nice to see you guys reading, subscribing, recommending and commenting. Thanks!