Status: Finished! (8/12-10/5)

Counting Stars

Seven

----------
Marisol’s POV- August 2013
I heard the doorbell ring and I glanced at Mike. He looked at me and Arnold lifted his head. Even Che just acknowledged the doorbell with a wag on his tail. I know it wasn’t my brother because he was busy at the moment.

“Jeff isn’t in yet right?” I asked him.

“Not yet”

I nodded.

“Dustin?” I asked.

“Well yea, but they went to the zoo. They have a key as well”

“Does everyone have a key?” I asked.

“Yea, Bernie returned his after he got traded”

I frowned; I can’t believe Jon and Rob were in another team.

“Scuds did too”

I nodded and the doorbell rung again.

“Your brother has a key and well he just texted that he was getting food with Kara”

I nodded and he sat up.

“I’ll go see who it is”

I nodded and I let Che and Arnold follow him to the door. I heard Mike unlock the door and open it. It stayed quiet and I heard Mike clear his throat.

“What can I do for you?”

“I need to speak with Marisol”

I recognized the voice and I sat up.

“May I ask for a name?”

“Just call Marisol”

I stood up and walked to the hall.

“Mike” I said.

Mike glared at the person at the door and then looked at me.

“Mike” I said again.

He stepped back and I opened the door a little more. There in front of me stood my dad. He wore a suit and his hair was well styled.

“I need a favor”

Mike laughed and I looked at my boyfriend who understood I needed to be alone with the man I called my father. He just walked further down the hall.

“Jacob needs help in his catching. He’s great at baseball but the boy sucks at catching apparently”

I nodded and looked at him.

“When?” I asked.

“December. He’ll be here for a camp”

I nodded slowly.

“He’ll be staying with your nana”

I hummed and looked at him.

“Is that it?” I asked.

He looked at me.

“He can come ask me and I’ll gladly accept…you…you can go fuck yourself” I said stepping back and slamming the door on his face.

I walked over to Mike who pulled me into a hug.

“Don’t cry”

“I’m not…I learned a long time ago that he isn’t worth my tears” I said closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

Mike’s body wash musk helped me relax and I let out a deep breath and I squeezed him.

“He isn’t…I wanted to kick his ass”

I smiled.

“I know you would have” I said.

“Isaac looks so much like him”

I nodded and he rubbed my back lightly.

“Let’s cuddle” I told him.

He nodded and followed me to the living room. I sat down on the couch and he pulled me closer to him once he had sat down. I looked at the living room walls where that had so many good memories. Pictures of the people I felt closest to were on the wall or on the bookcase I had. I let out a deep breath and the door opened.

“Anyone in here!”

“Living room”

Isaac and Kara walked in and looked at us. Isaac was the first to notice.

“Something wrong?”

“Nope, I’m just a little tired” I told him.

I watched as my brother studied me and then nodded.

“I’ll figure it out later. We bring dinner, you two stay there”

Kara put the takeout boxes on the floor and opened the bags as she kneeled down.

“What did you guys bring?”

“Chinese”

I nodded and sat up a little.

“I need to go to the bathroom”

Mike stood up and made his way down the hall where as Kara claimed she needed to get cups now. My brother looked at me and then at the food.

“You sure you’re ok?”

I nodded and he raised an eyebrow.

“You sure?”

“Yup” I said.

“Positive?”

“Yes” I said.

“Are you certain?”

I laughed and he smiled.

“What’s wrong?”

I looked at him and pursed my lips.

“If you would have come about 10 minutes prior to know…you would have seen dad” I said.

He looked at me, and then at the food in front of him.

“What was he doing here?”

“He came to ask for a favor” I said.

He laughed and shook his head.

“I told him to fuck off basically” I said.

“What did he want?”

“Jake needs help with his catching” I said.

He nodded.

“I’ll help him…not because our dad is telling us to, but because he’s my brother” I said.

“I guess. He was the only one that had no clue to what was going on that day”

I nodded and he sighed.

“Moving on”

He stood up and handed me my plate.

“How was New york?”

I looked at him and smiled.

“It was nice, I missed it” I said.

He smiled.

“I miss it too, but LA is home”

I nodded and he looked at me.

“Are you ok?”

I nodded.

“Yea, I’ll be fine” I told him.

He nodded and kissed my forehead.

“You’re my baby sister and I don’t care if he’s our dad. He won’t make you cry again”

I nodded and he leaned on me a little before beginning to make Mike a plate. My brother was strong; he was at his strongest right now because about two years ago he was the total opposite of this. Seeing your brother covered in blood with a bottle of sleeping pills next to him is something Kara and I never want to see again. This was right after graduation, like two weeks after. That’s when I called my dad asking for help. I needed money because well I had just had kneecap reconstruction surgery (no one besides close friends knew honestly) and I couldn’t afford Isaac’s treatment. My dad told me to deal with it myself and Mike was there when I called my dad. Mike paid for the treatment and he gave a down payment for a new apartment for Kara. She was staying in New York for Fashion school while Isaac was in rehab. The day Mike and I got to Philly was the day he was traded. It was a rough time for all of us, but all went well the following year. Isaac lived in one of our spare rooms for a while as Kara finished up her first year of Fashion school. They found a place to live in about 30 minutes away from us and well they moved in. Isaac and her went to New York when she had to go to school, but then we got a phone call from the oldest band member. I had experience so we did it. Here we are almost two years later on and well Kara is still going to school except she’s doing it in a weird way. She’s in LA with Isaac but she’s sending in her work.

“I love you Bro” I said.

He smiled and shoved a forkful of food into my mouth.

“Love you too sis”
♠ ♠ ♠
Teen Wolf is on tonight and i am horribly obsessed with that show right now! Anyways hope you liked the chapter. It needed some brotherly/sisterly love as well as some Mike and Marisol :)