Emma

But there was nothing wrong with me.

Wake up, Emma. We have a job for you.

My body rose from the bed. I rubbed my eyes, yawning. The voices had been silent for a week, and they started now of all times.

They’ll be blood, Emma. Wake up.

I stretched, hearing my spine crack as I did so. ”What kind of job?”

The woman who awaits your death. His lover.


I widened my eyes. I felt a hint of a smile form on my lips. She had said she would get me for the death of Ray, however it seemed as I would get her first. She glared at me every day when she pushed her cart past my room. I smiled prettily at her, driving her mad.

Get the knife. Slit her throat. Make her pay.

Before I knew it, my body was upright and I was walking toward a hole in the wall behind the door. My hand reached for the hole, and I felt the handle beneath my palm. It seemed seconds before I was in the nurses’ ward. I smiled with every step I took. The door was getting closer. I heard a noise behind me, so I turned. Nothing was there, thankfully, but the voices were making me run this time. I suddenly stood over her body. The knife in my hand raised slightly and then fell to my side again. Her back was turned toward me. I lifted my free hand, gripping her forehead and leaning her head back, baring her neck to me. I lined the blade of the knife to her skin, and with force, cut the skin breaking the tissues and muscles beneath it.

My enemy was dead, and I had no more stresses for a while. I was being levitated back to my room. The knife was returned to its home and my body to its bed.

You’ve done well, Emma. Rest now.