Emma

But maybe

Wake up, Emma. It’s time to plan your biggest murder of all.

I was already half awake when they decided to wake up. I sat up, pressing my back against the wall as I waited for further instruction. I didn’t have to wait anyways. They had just as much control over my body as I did. They were smart like I was, but they were figments of imagination. Not even that, they were personalities that had over powered my conscious. I didn’t even think I was Emma anymore until I met Braden. The more I thought about it, the more I realized the voices didn’t bother me around Braden. Was I in love with Braden, or were the voices in love with Braden?

There’s a weapon in the lobby office, Emma. Get it.


Maybe I was actually losing my mind. Maybe I was actually a psychopathic murderer. Maybe, just maybe, there was something wrong with me.

Knock it off, Emma. You’re fine. It’s them that’s broken, not you.

“I didn’t say I was broken.”

Stop questioning our authority, Emma.

“Who’s questioning who? It’s my body.”

It’s our world.


I didn’t say anything to them because they obviously knew what I was thinking. I winced at the sharp pain in my left rib cage. They were furious. They were beating me for questioning them. I tried not to make a sound. I tried to stay quiet, but the pain grew as they began terrorizing me from the inside out. They were taking out anyone in their way, and apparently I was just pissing them off. I was getting in their way.

“Emma?” I heard a familiar voice from behind me. I fell to my knees, grabbing my sides as I cried out. I could hear the voices tormenting me, and I felt a crack in my sides. “Emma!”

I looked behind me to see Braden running toward my doubled-over body as I realized what was happening. I was next.