Emma

But there was nothing wrong with me.

You’re a demon, Emma

I laid there on the hard mattress, curled into a ball crying. It was my birthday. I was finally of age, and I was alone. I figured I would be alone for my birthday, but nothing had prepared me for this. Not even the voices.

“Emma, it’s twelve-thirty.”

Oh, joy. Time for the medicine that was supposed to help me with my “problem.” The only problem I had was the voices being bipolar, and unfortunately, there wasn’t enough medication in the world to fix that.

“Where’s Ray?”

The nurse looked into my eyes with a sincere look in her features. For a moment, I wanted to confess. I wanted to say I had done away with him, and he was no longer living. I wanted to tell her how I caught him and his mistress in his room. I wanted to tell her everything. But that was the right thing to do, and I habit of doing the wrong thing.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I’ve been asking the same.”

“Did you two break up?”

I swallowed the small pill, and looked at her. “You could say that.”

She smiled at me, leaving my room and allowing me to be alone. I rested against the brick wall, looking at the ceiling.

I missed my sanity. I missed waking up with no worries. I missed waking up innocent. It had been a while since I felt innocent…since I felt free…since I felt like myself. I wasn’t the same person I was when I left my last foster family. I wasn’t sweet or innocent. I was actually evil. I felt little guilty, but I was proud about the things I had done. I felt like a demon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Real quick, I just want to thank Tezza, The Human Slayer, and Intellect of Ike for commenting! Y'all rule \m/