‹ Prequel: The Summer After

Senior Year

First of Many (10.30.14)

Today marked the end of my high school water polo career. We ended with a win, 8-4. I scored a goal. It was a good game and it hurts to say that my season is over. This feeling of nostalgia that I had today is just the first time that I will experience it over the course of the year. There are many more events, and this marks the first of them. Never will I play water polo for my high school ever again. Even when opportunities are taken, to know that you can never take them again is just heart-wrenching. There's a certain pain I feel when I know that I won't be doing something ever again. I'm so glad to be able to have spent these past couple of water polo seasons with such an amazing group of people. Acceptance, perhaps the hardest part of moving on. Knowing that it's over is just...a tremendous feeling, and it really makes you appreciate every moment you live in. As underclassmen, there's no real way to warn them. They need to experience the end for themselves.

Catching up with the rest of my life:
We went 3-9 on the season, which isn't too bad for only our second year. I had 3 goals this season, which feels pretty good. We play a game of capture the flag against the cross-country team tomorrow so I'm pretty hyped for that, even if it rains a little. Hopefully we'll win. I'm from the Bay Area, so a ton of my friends are missing school tomorrow since the SF Giants won the World Series. Not to mention, tomorrow is Halloween, and it falls on a Friday. How radical is that. I'm still talking to the girl I've mentioned previously. We've been talking a lot more lately, but I still feel like the feelings aren't mutual, so I've been slightly crossing the line at some points, trying to pick up hints. Nothing yet, but we'll see this weekend. Also, homecoming last Saturday was alright. Definitely not prom, but a decent night.