‹ Prequel: The Summer After

Senior Year

An Escape (1.23.15)

I've been less than satisfied with myself these past 2 weeks. I passed my IOC for IB english (barely), and I have to find new books for my IB History because I had to change my topic. My grades are pretty much down the drain, and currently on their way to depths of hell. At least I just need a C in all my classes to still be eligible to attend college if I get accepted. As the day of acceptance and rejection letters approaches, the anxiety increases. Track starts in February, so I'm really excited for that. I'm definitely not going to be back in shape before it starts, but hopefully I can get back in shape during the season. My life's actually getting kind of complicated.

I think my lack of exercise is finally getting to me. I'm starting to gain weight, and I don't like it, so I've started working out again, but I still can't do everything I used to do, which is disappointing. Sports were also a part of my social life, so that's plummeting pretty fast too. I think I'm going through a phase of escapism, and hopefully track gets here before it gets any worse. The girl I kind of sorta like has been a tad aloof, so it's a little bothering. I'm talking with her this weekend hopefully though, so we'll see how that goes. The girl in my class seems to be able to talk naturally with me now, I don't have to force conversation anymore, which is nice. We'll see where life takes me.

My cousin also get knee surgery this Tuesday, so I hope she gets better soon. She's an all-star baller, and that's all she does all year round.

"If you chase two rabbits, you will catch neither."