‹ Prequel: The Summer After

Senior Year

Goes On (2.22.15)

I wanted to write last night, but I was really tired, so I'm posting now. Last night, I went out with some of my senior track friends to this burrito place after track practice and vented about people and just complained about school in general. It was a chill night, didn't do too much. After I ate, I went home and basically slept all day. Oh, last night, after intending to find out if the girl in my class had a boyfriend, I finally found out that she does. I don't really care anymore, but I guess you find things when you least expect them. My cardiologist wrote me a note to clear me for practice, including contact sports, which means he cleared me to hurdle, but I'm waiting a little while before I start again so I'm as healthy as possible for the first meet which is in a little less than a month. The History IA was due yesterday, the rough draft anyway, so it's nice to get that burden off my shoulders. I'm just really excited for track season to start, and I ordered new running shoes that hopefully come in tomorrow. So, to continue the story...

Sophomore year began, and I had her in one of my classes (luckily), and that was actually the year I started watching something on youtube called 'simplepickup.' I was, not the smoothest guy when I tried to use pickup lines, they were more jokes than anything else, but I used a couple on her more often than I did anyone else really. On Halloween, there was also a parade, so a lot of people ditched that day, but she was there, and I did some magic tricks in front of her and some friends, and then we played cards and gambled with kit-kats after I ran out of magic tricks. After a while, I realized I didn't really have much of a chance, and that she really wasn't my type (of course, that wasn't for me to decide). But that was really only because that day, I noticed a different girl, but that's another story. Anyways, I had this bet with one of my other friends at the end of the year, that by the end of my junior year, I would get her to be my girlfriend, and we had set up criteria and everything. As you all know, that never happened, and my junior year took off on a completely different tangent; I completely forgot about the bet until I scrolled through our facebook messages for old times sake. Thus, summing up my life before I started this...whatever it is you want to call it.