‹ Prequel: The Summer After

Senior Year

My Last First Friday (8.15.14)

As a senior, I'm going to be having a lot of last firsts, and this is just another one to add to the list. So anyways, started off the day with an easy spanish class. Flew by like a bird. Followed by history class, which was actually pretty interesting. There's this girl that sits next to me and I have no idea what her deal is. We had to work in partners today and so I tried to make a good first impression since in my 3 previous years at my high school, I have never introduced myself to this girl and she seems pretty attractive. I might be overthinking this, but hey, venting about my complicated life and overthinking shit is just a part of what I do. So anyways, I try to make some weird jokes, and it's really difficult to understand me because my retainers give me a lisp. Apparently she was able to understand me enough to laugh a little. But then we had study hall and the principal had created this thing for all students to do for the new year and the teachers were monitoring it. So we were supposed to be in partner groups again. It seemed like she laughed at most of my jokes, but her body language did not match up with her actions. I absolutely hate confusing people like that simply because I can never grasp the idea of their intention, and I guess that's what makes life so fun and thrilling. Unpredictability. Finished with a boring english class and then had my last first water polo practice. I've been a little sick so I was completely exhausted by the end of it. That sums up my last first friday. So long and farewell. Life cannot be analyzed like a scenario, or a situation, because humans are unique and impulsive to their own wants and desires.