‹ Prequel: The Summer After

Senior Year

A Semi-Bad Day (8.20.14)

So today was not the best day that I've had. Today was the latest I've ever arrived at school. I lost my seat in spanish, which means I was anti-social for much of the class because I was near the front and it's hard to get away with talking if you sit in the front of the class. History was pretty cool I guess. I had a pretty decent conversation with the girl that I've been writing about. We talked about food and random history stuff. I mean, I think I just find her attractive, but I don't exactly like her, and I can pretty much tell she doesn't like me either so that came and went pretty fast. Started thinking about the reason I push myself when I play sports. Why am I so dedicated to what I do? I figured it out, but it's really hard to explain. It's only for track, not for my other sports. I don't think I'm going to be able to push myself hard enough to compete if I don't have a reason for what I do. I was listening to Eric Thomas speeches and about how there is no shortcut to greatness. They're "giving away" average and putting average "on sale." But you have to pay for greatness with blood, with sweat and with tears. I just need that drive, that reason. If I can find that, I think I'll be good. My english class was shit. I had to write an essay on two books in one hour, and it was all a load of bullshit. I swear that's the most bullshit I've ever written down. We'll see if tomorrow is better. I forgot how it was to live life without chasing. Maybe I can actually enjoy it.