‹ Prequel: The Summer After

Senior Year

Impending Future (9.24.14)

I don't think there's a simpler way to put it, but everything in my life has exponentially increased. The difficulty in math class, the amount of stress that's building up, my thoughts about college, and lastly, without knowing why, the feelings I've been having towards this girl.

First things first, math is math, and it's only going to get harder. Next, the assignments are only getting harder and they are only increasing in number. More importantly, my thoughts about college. I wanted to go to UCLA, but recently I've been looking at UC Santa Barbara. They have a gorgeous campus, as well as an interesting college that gives undergraduates the privileges that most post-graduates get. Conducting independent research and reduced core classes are a few of the perks that I am interested in, and are very important reasons that are influencing me to change my ideas. Also, the homework load is increasing, and my laziness is getting worse, and I just keep telling myself that colleges don't care about this year, but it makes me wonder if I'm going to be this way in college. It's a scary thought.

Lastly, and perhaps close to least important, is the girl that I've been talking about. I can't explain why, but today it feels like I grew feelings for her, or something. I mean it's nice and all, and she's really pretty, but inexplicably grew to like her. I guess I've been talking with her, and I've seen her more often lately than the past two weeks when she was absent, but it might die down.

Homecoming is coming up, but I'm not sure if I want to take anyone. I don't think I'm going to take the girl that I'm starting to like, because we aren't exactly close quite yet. But there's a girl in my math class that I might ask. It's an interesting journey to say the least.