Status: Done done doney done done other than being rewritten

Black & Blue

Chapter 8

"So a whole fucking court case when all the bastard can say is the lying fag?" Jona asked Oli, with an 'Are you kidding me?' look. "Well, it IS how the whole legal system works." Lee said.

We were all in the living room of Oli's and I's house, Lee sitting in the chair, Vegan squished in with him, Jona and Curtis on the other couch, and Nicholls next to us. I was in Oli's lap, leaning back on his chest as he held around my waist.

"We have to tell Mum. She'll be so sad and stressed and she'll tell Dad and he'll pressure me about it to tell them and they both have to go court and be there and-" "Tommy." Oli cut my rambling off. "Sorry." I apologised. "Don't be." He said, taking my hand and rubbing it.

"So when are you going on that date with Lindsey? After the whole court thing?" Curtis asked, looking past me at Oli. "Probably." He shrugged. I smiled soft, but then it dropped. Wait, what?

"Who's Lindsey?" I asked. "A hot chick that's actually really nice. I asked her out a few days ago." Oli said with a smile. I nodded, and got off him. "Where are you going?" He asked. "To shower." I said quickly. I went up the stairs as fast as I could without looking suspicious.

I blared music from my iPod as I turned on the shower. I quickly got undressed and got in the shower, gasping at the freezing cold water. I stayed under it, and started crying. I didn't have to worry about them hearing. My music was loud, and the water was loud too.

I kept crying the whole time I washed my hair and body. I thought he loved me, for fucks sake, he kissed me and cuddled and shit. But no. He was just pretending so I would tell.

I took deep breaths and stopped crying. Shutting off the freezing water, I got out and got dressed in pajamas. I shut off my music and dried my hair, then crawled into my bed, under the duvet.

"Tommy?" Oli asked, coming in my room. "Go away." I sighed. "Tom, listen to me. My life can't revolve around you, just like your life shouldn't revolve around me. I'm sorry it does, but I still have a life to live, and I wanna go out with this girl." He said, sounding like he was choosing his words carefully, but he still made things worse.

"My life doesn't revolve around you." I said hatefully, then continued, "It revolves around love. And I love you. Sorry I do, I hate myself for it. Stop giving yourself so much fucking credit. Have fun with the whore, I know you'll just fuck her then leave her. And when you're done? Never talk to me again."

He looked confused and a little sad. "What the fuck are you still doing here?!? LEAVE!" I screamed. "Tommy, you're crying-" "So?! Why the fuck do you care?! You have a life to live, remember?! Go fucking live it!" I yelled at him. He sighed, and left my room. I got up and slammed the door behind him, then laid back down and went to sleep.

"Tom, it's time for school." I heard someone say as they shook me. "Stop touching me. Get out. I'm not going." I said. "Get up!" Oli shouted. "I'm not letting you fucking throw away your life because of this!" He shouted again. I shrugged and closed my eyes.

I felt him grab my arms, and drag me out of the bed. I screamed and thrashed around violently. He set me in the floor and I curled up in a ball. "Thomas!" Oli scolded. I yawned and closed my eyes. Sleep sounded good right now. In my dreams, Oli loved me too. We would cuddle and watch stupid movies and go on cheesy dates and he would tell me he loved me.

I felt my legs get yanked out, then my jeans being pulled off. I screamed in fear and got up to move, but Oli held me in place. I started to sob as he got them off, and then he slid on a new pair. I gave up and just let him take off my shirt and put another one on. I kept sobbing as he brushed my hair. "Go brush your teeth and get on your shoes." He sighed, then left my room.

I crawled to the bathroom and shakily stood up, brushing my teeth quickly. I went back to the room and crawled in my bed again, closing my eyes and continuing to sob. Oli came back in a minute later and sighed. "Tom, get on your shoes, it's time to go." I got up and slid them on, grabbing my bag and walking out. "Tom the van-" I ignored him and just kept walking.

Oli drove beside me as I walked. "Tom just get in." I got out my earphones and put them in, and blared my music. I saw him drive ahead to the school.

I eventually got there, and went to the corner of the school. I sat down and pulled my knees to my chest, sobbing quietly into them. I felt myself start to get panicked, and I let it happen. Maybe I would die from air loss.

My breath started to quicken and again, the drowning sensation came. I could feel myself starting to shake, but what did it matter?

The bell ringing is what snapped me out of my panicked state. Fucking shit.

I stayed there, and just stared at the ground. "Come on Tom." Oli said, as he walked up. His mates were behind him. I shook my head and kept staring at the ground, where his feet was. He grabbed my arms and I screamed in fright again, lashing out against him. "Fuck." He cussed as I hit him in the crotch by accident. He backed away, "What the fuck ever Tom." He said in a strained voice.

"Tom, come on, mate." Nicholls said, crouching in front of me. I looked at him and he smiled. "You still have to get an education. Oli told me you wanted to be a photographer, right? Here." He pulled a crappy camera out of his back pack and handed it to me. "I know it's not much, but it's better than nothing."

I nodded a little. "T-Thanks Nicholls." I stuttered out. He smiled and stood up, holding his hand out for me. I took it and he helped me stand up, and I pulled my hand away quickly. I love Oli, and I didn't want Nicholls to think any differently.

"Take a picture of us!" Vegan said happily. I nodded, and backed up as they all stood in a line, with their arms around each other's shoulders. Oli was in the middle, with the Matt's on either side of him, with Lee and Curtis on the other sides, and Jona's face shoved between Oli's and Vegan's.

I bent over while holding the camera up to be more steady. I took the picture, then stood up straight. I grabbed it after it came out, and waited for it to develop. I handed it to Vegan once it did. They all crowded around and looked at it.

"Holy shit, you're fucking awesome at pictures!" Curtis said happily. "It's just a picture." I shrugged. "But I always fuck them up." He laughed.

I put the camera gently in my back pack. Nicholls slung his arm around my shoulders. "I'll walk you to class Tom-who's-basically-my-little-brother-now!" He declared. I rolled my eyes, "Basically?" I asked softly.

"Basically. Oli and I are like brothers, which BASICALLY makes us brothers too!" He explained. I rolled my eyes again and smiled a little.

He led me to my homeroom, and I said bye as I went in. Everyone immediately stared at me. I went up to the teacher. "M-Mrs. Tina..." I whispered. "Don't worry Thomas. They're coming to escort Mr. Owen out very soon." She said in a soft voice. I nodded, and went to my seat

During lunch, I sat between Vegan and Jona. The only person not there was Oli. I suddenly felt someone grab my chin and make me look up.

Above me was Oli smiling at me. I sighed, "What, Oli?" "Come with me." He said, basically glowing with joy. "But other classes-" "We're skipping!" He cut me off.

"I'm mad at you." I said. He leaned down and kissed my cheek, then nose. "Are you mad now?" "Um..."

Tom, stop, he's just messing with your feelings-

"No." I answered. He grinned and let my chin go. I returned to normal, then stood up. He grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together and pulling me out.

We got in his van and he started driving. He pulled into the park and got out, and so did I.

He led me to a bench and sat me on the edge. He stood between my legs and grabbed my face softly, making me look up at him.

"Tommy, I love you." He whispered. "W-What?" I stuttered out, obviously not believing him.

"I. Love. You. I've had fucking feelings for you for a while, and they used to piss me off, y'know? I'm not supposed to love my baby brother like this. I've slept with SO many fucking sluts just to try to forget. But fuck it, life's short, I'm taking chances. It'll either work out with you, or it won't. I told Lindsey we're not doing shit. So please Tom, Tommy, just give me a chance. Please?"