The (After)Life of the Party

"I've decided to leave."

The (After)Life Of The Party

FRANK

Dear Frank,

Im sorry that I have to move away, but I feel I have to admit some things...
For one, I didnt really mess with that kid till he killed himself, he was murdered. I didnt hurt him, but I really wanted to. I didnt want you hurt. Second, I'm not really with Jennah, I just wanted to make you jealous. Third, Jennah was a figure for you. Fourth, I dont even like girls, Im gay. And fifth, and most... embarressing... I love you Frank. I do.

Love,
Gerard.


I cried, smearing the ink on the note. I shook off the tears, watching him jog away in my mind. He was gone for two days now, I'd read that small letter so much I practically memorized it. His cell number was changed a few days before he moved to his dad's house. Mikey still lived here in Belleville, but he doesnt even know where his dad lives. Well, sort of. He lives in Canada, where he was born. And I know where he lives, address, city, and all. I'd ask Mikey for directions, but he'd think it was much too weird that I want to know so desprately. I loved that kid, and not as afriend. He was too... Perfect... We were friends since I was born, my mom and his mom were best friends in kindergarten. Mikey and I were always close, but me and Gerard.... We were CLOSE. Like, a boyfriend and a girlfriend close. Chemistry. Thats what Gerard said him and Jennah had. Well, me. The figure thing... Why didnt I see it? He didnt know a Jennah unless I brought her up, than it took him a second to realize who she was. "You okay Frank?" Mikey asked quietly. I spun to face him, folding the note quickly and putting it in my pocket.

"Y-Yeah, I think so..." I nodded, sniffling. The minute bell rang, and I realized I needed to get across the school to get there on time. "Shit! We gotta get to class!"

"We're in class..." I looked around, seeing my class surrounding me. Well, in the same class as me. We're going to the media center for class, I cant believe I forgot!

"Pshh, I know that..." I blushed, smiling alittle. The final bell rang, silencing the class. That teacher was EVIL. Not just mean, she'd give you detention if you didnt laugh at the unfunny jokes she told!

"Hello class, Im your substitute, Mr. Bryar." The man smiled, blonde hair shagging over his eyes. My stomache turned.

"Umm, you're Bob's dad?" Mikey asked, having the same feelings as I.

"Why yes, yes I am!" Mr. Bryar grinned. "We're in Newark this week, go to the cafeteria if you want to see--" We were gone by then. Running through the hallways to the lunch room, I giggled alittle.

"What?" Mikey asked.

"Bob." I grinned. Mikey grinned back. We stepped into the tiled room, the farmilliar smell of burnt pizza, cheap milk making us want to see Bob even more. "BOB!" I yelled quickly. The second sweetest boy I've ever met spun to face me and Mikey, his lip peirced and his eyes brighter than ever.

"Frank! Mikey!" He cried, smiling. We slammed into him with a hug. He laughed quietly into our shirts, hugging back. "I havent seen you two in--"

"Six months, 16 days, and 7 hours." Mikey grinned.

"I was gonna say forever but that works." He smiled, backing away. We watched him shuffle his feet, feeling akward.

"I want that new Green Day CD." I sighed, knowing Bob could relate to that.

"Nimrod?"

"Yeah that one." I smiled.

"I got that last week." He grinned.

"I hate Green Day." Mikey scowled. "No bass."

"I thought Mike did that..." I thought.

"He does?"

"I think so..?"

"Ahh well, lets go." Bob smiled. He pointed to the door leading outside.

"But... We'll get in trouble..." Mikey said, fear building in his eyes. Not a single detention, except the one that was supposed to go to me but I ran.

"No we wont. I can leave whenever I want. And I can bring whoever I want." He got out his cell phone, dialing a few numbers. Loud screaming came from the phone, than Mr. Bryar's voice hissed something. "Hey dad, I'm going home with Frank and Mike k? . . . . . . . PLEEEEEEEEEASE?!?! Im so BOOOOOOORED! . . . . . . . . . . . . Fine we'll be back by seventh period." He hung up.

"Are you serious?" I cried, feeling kind of bad.

"Yeah, we get to leave!" He smiled.

"Im not coming back at 7th period Bob. Infact, Im not coming back." I stood, ready to go to my locker.

"I knew you wouldnt." He smiled, handing me my backpack.

"Thanks, but I mean EVER. Im leaving. To Canada."

"Why?!" Mikey and Bob cried in unison.

"Gerard." Was all I said.

"Gerard?! You're leaving for THAT?!" Mikey cried, tearing up.

"Yeah, I love that kid. And I hate Jersey. I'd go to Chicago with Bob, but he's not leaving for a week. And I know you wont come Mikey, you dont like trouble."

"I'd come!" Mikey cried, grabbing my hand. "Wait-- You love... Gerard?"

"Yeah I like guys get over it." I sighed, picturing Gerard last summer at the pool. He's self-concious, so he wouldnt swim, but he was such a cute kid, just eating the watermellon and talking to me and Mikey and Bob while he was there. Ray was in the hospital at the time, and he moved up to New York City last month.

"Thats cool." Mikey smiled.

"Yeah, I have no problem with it," Bob added.

"Well, Im leaving. See ya... When you come to see me.." I started to the door. As I pulled the door open, I heard a voice.

"Im coming with." Bob chimmed quickly.

"Me too!" Mikey cried. They ran after me. I watched them skid into the door, smiling.

"You SURE guys? Im NEVER coming back. Not for years." I said sadly.

"Im coming." Bob said.

"Yeah," Mikey said, smiling. "Im coming too."