Status: Completed!

Begin Again

And I want to talk about that.

Leah leaned against her apartment door and smiled. Her whole body felt like it was on fire, her heartbeat pounded against her ribcage, and her palms grew sweaty. She closed her eyes and pictured his eyes, his lips, the way his body felt against hers.

Tyler was walking by the foyer with a bowel when he stopped and smiled. “It went that well?”

She opened her eyes and smiled at her brother.

She blushed and looked at the ground. She pushed herself off the door and headed off to her room. “I have to get ready, I’m so late.”

He chuckled behind her and shook his head.

She grabbed her ballet bag as quickly as possible before heading out of her room. “I’ll be back!” She yelled as she ran out of the apartment and down the stairs.

She was about to push open the building door when she saw John still standing there.

He was looking at the plaque of names next to the buzzers and looked up when she opened the door.

“I was wondering if I could take you to your class.” He asked pushing his hands into his pockets.

She smiled and nodded her head. He grinned and grabbed her hand boldly.

“So tell me more about these birthday parties.” She said as he held his hand for a taxi. When a cab finally pulled over, he opened the door for here.

“13th and Laurel,” she said as John closed the door behind him.

“Well, it’s my brother Shane’s birthday, but my mom goes all out. She invites the entire band, their girlfriends, my entire family, all of everyone’s friends.” He said smiling. “She cooks for, at least, an army. She bakes the cakes, she makes cupcakes, cookies, pies, and everything you could want to eat There is usually live music, and not just our band. There's all kinds of games, and it's an all day and all night event.”

“Your mom sounds like an incredible woman,” Leah said smiling.

She thought about the time she met Steven’s mom, and she looked at Leah like she had three heads. Leah frowned at the memory and was brought back to the present when the cab stopped.

“That’ll be 15 bucks,” The cab driver called out.

Leah went to grab her wallet when she felt hands pushing them away, she smiled at John as he handed the driver a 20. “Thanks man,” he called as Leah slid out of the car.

“I really have to go,” Leah said as she looked up at the windows. She saw the lights on and reflections dancing across the windows.

“I know,” He said behind her.
♠ ♠ ♠
You'll love the next one, trust me.

I wanted to thank m-atie, arizonaskies and anyone who has subscribed. Thanks for reading.

Let me know what you think!!