Status: Completed!

Begin Again

Turn the lock, and put my headphones on.

Pushing open the building’s glass door, Leah stepped out on the city street. People were walking by her, as she stood on the white concrete outside the green building. They were talking on her cellphones, listening to music, and just trying to get to their destinations.

The city sounds always-soothed Leah; she loved to hear the bustle. She smiled when she heard cars zooming by, bikes pedaling in between the traffic, and skateboards hitting the cracks on the cement.

She glanced at her phone for the time, and took a deep breath. She had to get moving, or she’d be late.

She dug through her large tan clutch and gripped the white ear bud strings. She pulled them out and shoved the plug into her phone before delicately placing them in her ears. They were one necessity she never left the house without.

Pressing play immediately, she sighed as classical music filled her ears. She felt her joints relax and felt her heart slowing it's pace. She could feel herself really wake up.

She concentrated on the violins, the piano and the flutes. She yearned to close her eyes and lose herself in the music like she would in her ballet studio. She could feel herself desiring to move across a wooden floor.

Leah looked up and saw a white-handed figure show up on the crosswalk screen. She looked at the street sign and realized she walked further than she though she did.

It was a bad habit of Leah’s, she always got lost in the music and had no idea how she traveled, or how far she had gotten.

She stepped out with the rest of the people walking, and saw the cafe looming ahead. She felt herself slow, parting the sea of people. She heard grumbling around her, but she closed her eyes and tuned them out.

She hit next on the song, and looked for something to soothe her down.

As she stood across the street, she saw people inside drinking coffee, talking, laughing, using their computers, and just having ordinary days.

“I can do this. I can start again.” She said reaching for the handle.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm glad people are starting to like this, so far!

Thanks to my subscribers, whoever you are!
And thanks to m-atie for the comments and recommendation!

Let me know what you lovely readers think!