Status: Completed!

Begin Again

He always said he didn't get this song.

Leah started dancing when she was four years old. Her mother enrolled her in dance class when Leah would spin through out their house non-stop for hours. She would beg to be a ballerina for Halloween, and owned a tutu in every color.

When she walked into that mirror filled room and saw the shoes, listened to the music and learned the steps, she fell in love. Since she was so young, at first it was just the tutus and the neat bun her mother would do for her everyday, but as she got older she really listened to the music, watched and learned the steps. She fell in love with the beauty of the dance.

She attended classes three times a week through out middle school, and finally took a class at her high school all four years she was there. In college she minored in the art, but her parents told her she needed a backup plan.

For hours Leah could lose herself on the dance floor, spinning, stretching, and leaping to whatever tune poured through the speakers. She would plan out her routines for recitals months away, she would even help choreograph for other classes because she spent so much time in the studio.

She also taught a class of four-year-olds, much like herself. She smiled as they learned their foot placements. They were always so eager to dance, and it made her enjoy teaching.

Steve never appreciated her talent; he never once watched a class she taught. Never attended a recital she was in, and even told her to quit.

He would constantly say she chose dance over their relationship, and made her feel guilty for practicing.

During those three years she neglected her love for ballet so much, she felt broken. She knew she was rusty when she would make it into the studio, and she felt like she let her instructor and herself down.

The night she and Steve ended it, she was in the studio and created a new dance.

Sweat dripped from her face when she heard clapping. Her body ached from the workout she put herself through, but she felt good.

She looked up to see her brother Tyler, he grinned.

"Good to see you back at it."
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think?
I promise you'll be happy to see a certain tall fellow in the next update. I will put it up today so you guys can get your fix!

I wanted to say thanks to m-atie for the comments and JurassicLover for recommending!

Thanks again!