Status: Completed!

Begin Again

Walked in expected you to be late.

Leah stood outside the cafe, the scent of coffee danced out the doors and into her nostrils.

She took a deep breath and pulled open the wooden doors. Once inside she looked around. There were small tables that seated couples as well as people who were alone. There were also large rectangular tables that had high school students and business associates at.

The aroma filled her senses and she heard the machines whirl to life behind her. She walked towards the right, where tables lined up against big tall windows. She passed couches filled with people reading, talking, and enjoying the city morning.

Leah continued to the small tables along the windows and noticed a tall man sitting in a chair. She recognized the mess of brown hair hiding under a hat.

His back was to her, and for a second she thought she’d be able to run.

“He’d never know,” She thought.

Shaking her head and dismissing the idea, Leah walked towards him and looked at her clock. She was two minutes early, she smiled and thought he was even earlier than she was; she liked that quality.

She put her small hand on his plaid shirt clad shoulder. He looked up and grinned at her.

His bright hazel eyes starred into her dark blue ones, his thin pink lips tugged across his rough chin. Dark hair threatened its way across his chin and up to his lips.

His messy dark hair was hidden under a black beanie. Despite the mid-summer heat, the first time she saw him he wore the same hat. She realized it was probably a comfort thing, like her music.

"Leah," He said standing. He reached over and she let him wrap his thin arms around her.

She stood on her tippy-toes and wrapped her short arms around his skinny build.

"Hey John," She said stepping back.

"I'm glad you made it." He said as she smiled and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
So after this one, we go back a little bit. It’s more of filler because I forgot a couple lines of the song. But everyone now and then I’ll go back and show you glimpses of Leah’s past relationship and why it, in a sense, broke her.

Let me know what you think of this one!