Status: My very first story ever to be seen by anyone :)

My Future Lies in You

Chapter 2

The next day the boys were all up early, and in the car on their way to the recording studio, where they would start laying down the tracks for their new album. Liam was looking forward to getting in there, mainly because it would take his mind off of everything that happened the day before, and give him a chance to spend time with the boys before their concert that night.

Liam always found being in the studio relaxing, it was a safe haven for him, somewhere he could be himself and do something that he loved. He glanced up, as he felt someone nudge his shoulder, and realized that Zayn had been talking to him, but Liam had been off in a world of his own.

"Sorry, what did you say?" Liam asked giving Zayn an apologetic look.

"I said are you feeling okay today?" Zayn repeated with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I just want to get into the studio and get to work," Liam replied.

"The concert should be good tonight," Louis added earning nods of agreement from everyone in the car as they pulled up to the studio.

They climbed out, heading inside where their team was waiting, and Liam felt the immediate rush of peace that always seemed to hit him when he walked in. Singing had always been his dream, hell they were all lucky to be there, and if it hadn't been for the judges forming One Direction then none of them would be where they were now.

Liam dropped onto the sofa next to Louis, and grabbed a schedule off the table, looking over the songs that they were recording that day. The day was filled with laughter and jokes, making everything in Liam's world feel normal again, but that changed when they arrived back in the car. Liam had left his phone in there, so that he wouldn't be tempted to check twitter, but what waited for him when he turned it on was worse.

'Li, I realize that I didn't give you a good enough explanation yesterday so here it is now... the truth is I was never in love with you, I was in love with the idea of you... the fame and the nice things, but then it wasn't what I thought it would be. You spent all your time with your band mates, and you were never around to take me places when I wanted you to...'

Liam couldn't read anymore, how could he have been stupid enough to believe that anyone could actually love him, and not because he was famous or had money. Gripping the phone tightly in his hand, he closed his eyes pushing back the tears that were beginning to form, and taking a deep breath as the other boys joined him.

Zayn and Louis sat either side of Liam, while Harry and Niall took the seats opposite him, but Liam knew that they noticed something wasn't right. Putting his headphones in, Liam turned his music up to block out his surroundings, and allowed his thoughts to wander as they travelled to their concert location.

"Li?" Zayn said as they grabbed their bags from the boot of the car, and headed inside to do sound check for later that night.

"Yeah?" Liam replied his voice quieter than usual.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah Zee, I'm fine," Liam mumbled as Zayn put his arm around Liam's shoulders in a comforting manner, "Lily emailed me... she gave me the reason I was waiting for."

"Why did she break up with you?" Louis asked as he joined the two boys.

Liam brought up the email and handed it to Louis, who placed the phone between himself and Zayn. After a few minutes of silence, Louis handed the phone back, anger clear all over his face but it softened a little when his eyes connected with Liam's.

"That's... she...," Zayn stammered trying to get what he wanted to say out, "How could she do that?"

"One of the downsides of being in a successful boy band... you never know someone's true intentions until they reveal them, this time I guess it was my turn," Liam mumbled as a tear slid down his cheek.

"You're better off without her Liam," Louis added squeezing his shoulder, "I know it sucks, but just give it time... me and the boys have got your back always."

"I just want to forget about her, and concentrate on us for a while... I want to enjoy everything we have going on right now, and focus on the band."

"That sounds like a solid plan, now come on boys we've a concert to get ready for," Zayn stated keeping his arm around Liam who smiled at his friends before nodding.

Sound check flew by, and after continuous moaning from Niall, Paul finally took them to get some food, to give them energy whilst on stage. Of course everyone knew that food was not what gave them their energy, it had always been each other... they fed off of each others excitement, which made their shows unique because simply anything could happen.

Before heading on to the stage that night, the boys all huddled together as usual, and then it was time. Liam grinned at Zayn, who grinned back as they took to the stage, and were met with the high pitched screams of their fans. The Directioners never failed to amaze the boys, they were loud and enthusiastic every night, singing along with the songs, and jumping around.

On the stage the boys didn't have setups or dance routines, they just had five guys ready for some fun with their best mates, and that right there was one of the reasons they were loved. Zayn and Louis never left Liam alone too long, making sure that he wasn't allowed time to think between songs, but the truth was up on that stage... it was a completely different world, and all the problems that existed on the outside world didn't matter as much in that moment.