Status: Lots of Updates on Their Way!

Headfirst for Halos

And Now The Red Ones Make Me Fly

When I’ve finally composed myself I heave myself off of my bed and grab a bag from my closet. I throw random items of clothing into the bag. I’m staying at Casey’s house tonight. Me and Casey have been best friends since before I can remember. We met in school and we’ve been inseparable ever since. We dress the same, listen to the same music, eat the same food. The only thing we disagree on is boys. She thinks Ben is creepy and only in it for the sex. But I know the truth.

I go to the bathroom and grab my toothbrush and other things and throw them into my bag. Once I’m done I take a shower and go back to my room. Choosing clothes must been the hardest part of my day, do I go for denim shorts, denim shorts, or denim shorts? It’s a tough call but I pick out my demin shorts. I put on a pair of tights, my shorts and dig out my Dr Martins from under my bed. Paired with a band tee, arm warmers and leather jacket, and I’m ready to go.

When I arrive downstairs, with my bag, I walk into the kitchen. Great! Robbie is cooking. I sit down at the table and wait for Bettie, who is going to take me to Casey’s. The staff don’t know that I’m going to a concert. That would cause all kinds of problems! As far as they know I’m staying a Casey’s for a girlie night of films and pillow fights.

“Want some pancakes?” Robbie offers. I shake my head, of course I don’t! Does he know how many calories are in a pancake?!? Extra calories are the last thing I need right now. Have you seen the size of me? If I got any fatter, this chair would break! I can already hear the pine chair creaking beneath my substantial weight.

“Whatever” Robbie replies and shrugs. I wonder if he knows how much I hate that word? Well, not the word so much, more the tone. Like he genuinely couldn’t care if the world collapsed around him.

Soon the stairs creek and Ben swaggers in. I examine his body. He is perfect. The Aiden shirt that he is wearing covers his flat stomach perfectly and his skinny jeans cling in all the right places. He smiles at me and I just melt. I feel like a pathetic school girl. Casey would tell me to get a grip. But Casey isn’t here so instead I gaze longingly at him as he surveys the kitchen, trying to decide exactly what he want’s for breakfast.

“Morning Princess” he calls across to me, breaking my perfect fantasy.
“Oh, Hey Ben!” I call back. I watch as Ben picks up one of the freshly baked pancakes and pops it on a plate.

“What the fuck you think you’re doing asshole?” Robbie says. Ben shrugs and begins to apply liberal amounts of maple syrup to the pancake, before walking over and sitting next to me at the table.
You can almost taste the tension as Ben begins to eat. Robbie just stands and stares at him, forgetting the pancake, which is now sat burning in the pan.

“Erm, Rob?” I say breaking the death stare that he is currently aiming at the top of Ben’s head. Ben is far to engrossed in his pancake to worry about what Robbie thinks of him.

“Yes Babe?” he replies, throwing Ben a look as he emphasizes the word ‘Babe’.

“The pancake.”

“Oh, do you want one?” he asks grinning, convinced that he’s finally done something Ben can’t do. Get me to eat. I think Ben has given up now, maybe that’s why I like his.

“No, Rob, it’s burning.” I say gesturing to the smoking pan which is looking like it’s about to combust at any second.

Robbie spins around just in time to see the pancake go up in flames. Ben chokes on his pancake as Robbie rushes around the kitchen desperately trying to find something to put out the fire. I calmly stand up, take a tea towel from the side, wet it under the tap and throw it over the pan. Then I turn off the hob and sit back down beside Ben.

Once the fire is out, the tension between the boys begins to mount once more. Robbie is sat sulking eating cold pancakes and looking at Ben likes he’s planning a murder. Luckily, before long Bettie arrives downstairs, followed by about 5 other kids who live here.

“Hannah? You ready?”

“Hell yeah!” I reply. I jump up from the kitchen table and grab my bag. Before I leave the kitchen I give Ben a quick hug and a kiss. As I’m about the step out of the door, Robbie suddenly appears in front of me.

“Where’s my kiss?” he asks expectantly. I turn to Ben and smirk. Then I lean in towards Robbie and give him a light kiss on his cheek, just beyond his lips. Ben sniggers at Robbie’s disappointed expression.

“Bye Ben,” I call as I exit feeling very pleased with myself about getting one up on Robbie. But I know that I’ll pay for it later.

“Bye Princess, have fun!”
♠ ♠ ♠
More Updates on their way! Drop me a comment to let me know what you think!

Much Love
Xx Misty xX