Status: Regarding this one, I'm unsure. Encourage me?

We Did It All

Lavender - One

Ginger skipped to the neighbors to kiss the girl next door goodbye while Lavender made breakfast for the long day of moving ahead of them. She watched Ginger trap a piece of the girl's mousy hair, wrapping it around her finger in a taunting way. The girl looked so pained that Lavender couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Ginger tended to pull people in like a spider and leave like the rain. The devastation she brought the variety of boys in high school seemed like a small toll compared to the numerous notches in Ginger's bed post.

And, it was true. Lavender watch Ginger skate around poor boys and girls alike before moving on to seduce all the college freshmen she could. To her, they were just a tick on her belt and a break of another bracelet. You see, Ginger was a self-diagnosed nymphomaniac. Her favorite thing to do is love those she can successfully seduce at little to no cost to her. Mind you, Ginger was a little self absorbed as well.

Lavender sighed internally and stirred the mass of eggs and hash browns she was preparing for herself and the friends coming with them to the sin city, her gay best friend Quinn and his older brother Leaf. The boys hauled boxes and furniture into the U-Haul parked outside that was haphazardly parked almost in the middle of the narrow street. Occasionally, Leaf would enter the kitchen to smell the food, only to be shooed away by Lavender. They've been working since six this morning, and it was now nearing eleven. Only Lavender's bedroom remained to be packed up into the van.

The girl lead Ginger inside of her house, causing Lavender to blush a bright pink. Another one takes the bait.
Lavender threw in a pinch of salt and pepper, just about finished with the rest of the breakfast. They'd all worked hard and deserved some relaxation and reward. Leaf peeked around the corner of the wall, hoping she wouldn't notice him there. He's been crushing on the purple haired girl since she first moved in with Ginger, and he's never had the chance to tell her. Now, she's moving away from him to Vegas, somewhere he just couldn't follow.

A junior in college, Leaf's long brown hair came down to the back of his neck, straight and plain. He often wore a beanie, even on hot days. On occasion, he caved to wearing the wire glasses he hated just so he could look around clearer. His eyesight wasn't impaired enough to where he couldn't get away with that, so he enjoyed the comfort of just a little fuzzy edges. It reminded him that he's not okay, but he isn't below okay.
Leaf tiptoed, trying his best not to get caught so he could get a glance over Lav's shoulder to the mouth watering food. She was an artist with food, truly.

"I see you." She warned him without turning around, adding a couple simmering drops of her home-made hot sauce. She knew it was his favorite. He smiled, but couldn't find it in his heart to laugh. Today was a day Leaf had been dreading ever since Lavender sat him down, buttered him up with a giant container of Cheeze balls and a new video game about four months beforehand. She'd brushed his hand to pause his game, sitting between his knees on his floor. She'd hung her head low for several minutes, unable to find the choice words she was hoping would just come to her on the spot. Leaf held her neck to his chest as he rocked her back and forth and tried not to cry.

Lavender's wrist flicked towards a plate on the table, going back to stirring. Leaf took it to her, his body so close to hers he could feel the sudden heat from her. He leaned down, pressing his forehead to her shoulder briefly. She wore the pumpkin scented perfume he bought her as a going away present, the kind he knew she'd love.

"Where's Ginger?" He questioned, bringing his head off of her shoulder and reaching around to show her the plate. Lav scooped a generous spoonful of eggs and hash browns onto his plate, following up with bacon and freshly chopped tomato and avocado from side dishes beside the stove.

"With the cheerleader." Lav sighed aloud, making herself a plate before joining Leaf on the floor leaning against the empty cabinets. Her knee fell against his and she didn't move to correct it. A part of her always felt like Leaf and her could have a chance, but he never took the opportunity.

"At least you're riding with me in the van, right? There's only two seats. Quinn can take your car, and she can take hers." Leaf smacked his lips together through a mouthful of breakfast. "Come on, Lav. It's a long drive to be with my brother." The sweat dripping down his face, attributed to his favorite black beanie, made Lavender dab at his temples with her fingers.

"I guess Quinn can take my car, I don't mind. You listen to music with me." A ten hour drive listening to Lavender sing to her favorite songs? Leaf set his fork down on the side of his plate, wishing he could erase the urge to tell her how he feels. He resisted with great reluctance unknown to her.

Quinn bounced in, excitedly noticing food as his hands dropped to his knees and he fought for his breath. His bright blue hair stuck up in various places and fell around his face despite the hair gel he'd spent all day reapplying.

"Well, your room is officially empty and disheartening to look at." He loaded up a plate, flipping over a chair from the table still left and beginning to shovel food into his mouth.

"You're taking Lav's car, okay?" Leaf picked up his fork again, pushing the food into separate piles of itself. He hated when his food touched unless it was meant to be combined. Quinn nodded, appearing unaffected by the decision to drive alone in a car for ten hours.

"All my CDs are in the car, so I'm fine. I saw Ginseng go into Perky Tit's house. Obviously, she's having trouble coping with the fact that she won't be able to get her rocks off in the car alone. Unless she's that talented. In which case, I do and don't want to know her secret talents. The girl has a fabulous sex life. Some of the men she finds on campus, it's like how and where did you come from. Remember Daniel? The one she tried to play with who ended up playing with me at that one party last year? He hit me up last night, asking for her number again. Like, bitch, you're confused or something." Quinn rambled on, talking to no one in particular. Lav and Leaf listened though, giving a nod when Quinn looked to them for a reaction.

"Hello, pity party." Ginger whisked into the room, quieting Quinn and temporarily pausing the meal. "Are we ready to go?" She took no notice of the food Lavender prepared, twirling her car keys impatiently around her middle finger just as she had with the young girl's hair.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Lavender offered her the remaining avocado and eggs, but Ginger wasn't having it. She rolled her eyes skyward and lurched forward to clean everything up, not bothering to ask if anyone wanted the rest.

"No, I'm not hungry anymore." She winked at Lavender, quickly rinsing the pans and plates not being used.

"Too full on pussy, eh?" Quinn cleared his plate, bumping her hip as he helped her rinse the dishes and load them into the washer. Her parents would be by later to pick up what they weren't taking, which wasn't much anyway. Ginger, pretending to be puzzled, pushed his shoulder back in a playful manner and giggled a little too loudly.

"No, silly. I'm going to the car. When you're all ready, let's get on the road." She nodded at Lavender and Leaf, just finishing the last of the food as Ginger turned to leave. Quinn trailed her out, swiping Lav's keys from the table. Leaf helped Lavender finish their dishes, bending to kiss her on the cheek. He dangled the keys in front of her, waiting for her to smile. She tied up her pale purple hair into a low pony tail, pulling apart strands of hair around her face before slipping her hand into his and tugging him towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Setting everyone up!