Sequel: 4 Devils

Chelsea Dawn

Chapter 20

"Have you found out anything so far?", asked Fernando as Violette took off his suit jacket and hung it up in the closet.

"Non, Mabel doesn't seem to have any idea what her husband does for a living. She thinks all he does is own Chelsea, but I'm not surprised. He doesn't appear in the news and he doesn't get in trouble, plus with her being pregnant I doubt she has ever been to his bar or the brothel", she replied.

"Verdad, I had the same idea. Unless we hang out at the brothel all the time, we won't be able to find anything", said Juan sardonically.

"You are not hanging out in a brothel, Juan Mata Garcia", retorted Christina.

Juan just laughed as he kissed her, an amused look in his blue eyes. "Verdad, mi carda. I don't mess with that mierda, they probably had STD's we never seen back then. And I have a wonderful lady", he said gallantly.

"That's one thing Spanish about you, you know how to charm girls", teased Fernando.

"But something did come up, my cousin Pierre and his father Marcel are in town", said Violette, showing them a note that had been placed under their door.

"Que? Are they Sol Duga too?", asked Fernando, reading the note.

"Oui, Oncle Marcel is a Letang and Tante Beatrice is a Sutherland cousin. Have you heard of 4 Devils Productions?", she asked.

"Si, Eden's and Cesar's girlfriends work for them. They restore old movies and release them on DVD", he replied.

"Then you know my cousins Anitia and Soleil, their girlfriends. They must be looking for an old movie", she said.

"What? You mean they go back in time to find old movies? No wonder they were able to find those", said Juan in awe.

"Why would they go back in time to find old movies?", asked Christina.

"A lot of movies from the 20's and 30's are lost because the original film rotted or caught fire, Oncle Marcel and Pierre find the movies and bring them back to their lab in Norfolk so they can restore them. Soleil does the PR stuff and Anitia creates the soundtracks", explained Violette.

"Si, I remember reading that they released a movie that people thought was lost, the one about mermaids and the sheikh", said Juan thoughtfully.

"Daughter of the Gods, that one they found at a warehouse in Berlin in 1928, it was already starting to rot and they bought it from a guard who was going to throw it away for the equivalent of ten dollars. Sometimes they just find stuff in warehouses in Eastern Europe, that's where they found 4 Devils which was their first big success", she said.

"So what do they want with us, this is a weird kind of social visit", said Fernando.

"They heard about us, Sol Duga people always know what everyone is doing. They are most likely looking for another movie, if they find a particularly rare movie and restore it and release it, it can gross them millions", said Violette as their eyes widened.

"Cono, and I thought people found weird stuff on Ebay", chuckled Juan.

An hour later, the group found themselves at a café in Kensington. Two men approached them, clearly father and son as they embraced Violette and shook everyone's hands. "Bonjour, Vivi. "And I'm glad you made it here in one piece, first missions can be freaky for some people. I am Marcel Letang-Lacroix and this is my son Pierre", said the older man, handing Fernando a business card which featured a figure in a black and white striped hooded cloak astride a white horse and captioned 4 Devils Productions.

"Bonjour, Senor Lacroix . Are you looking for a movie?", he asked.

"Oui, we have found a complete copy of The Young Rajah and we are going to restore it", said Pierre, opening a large duffel bag and showing him eight film canisters shut tightly with tape.

"What exactly do you do, copy it on to digital?", asked Juan.

"Oui, first we screen the film to see how damaged it is, then we carefully transfer it to safety film and then use computers to clean up the film before we finally transfer to digital. The whole process can take over a year if the movie is particularly damaged", explained Marcel.

"Okay, but why do you want to see us?", asked Juan.

"Sol Duga people always know what other members are doing, Juan. We knew you were in London to help Johnny Watson so decided to combine the two, Pierre has been visiting the Peach House and is friendly with one of the girls, a French lady named Madeleine. She says that Johnny and his brother Dickey are at odds, Johnny wants to leave and go straight and give his share of the Peach House to his other partner Mick but Dickey wants the whole share for himself. Dickey is a hard case, you will have to keep an eye on Johnny", said Marcel.

"I hope you are not sleeping with prostitutes, Pierre", said Violette disapprovingly.

"Non, I just like to talk with her. She is lonely because she is the only French girl in the place and she doesn't speak much English, she is happy to have a French friend", said Pierre.

"All right, you always had that gentlemanly streak in you, Pierre. So how are you going to help us?", asked Violette.

"I want you to keep on keeping an eye on Johnny, I will keep going to the Peach House to speak with Madeleine. I know she doesn't want to work there anymore, she's bored and thinks most of her clients are stupid. I might take her with us and try to get her a job at our lab, it has to be better than the Peach House", said Pierre.

"Bonne chance, cousin. You always were a gallant one", teased Violette.

"Oui, it is the Frenchman in me, cousine. And I am glad to meet you all and hopefully we can all work together, this is one of the stranger trips I have been on", said Pierre as they all shook hands.