Sequel: 4 Devils

Chelsea Dawn

Chapter 6

Juan frowned as he glanced at the departure screen at Santander airport, glad that at least his flight to London was on time. I have no idea why that ticket showed up in my inbox, but I wouldn't ever pass up a trip to London And I would like to see more of Scotland, Glasgow is okay but i want to see more, he mused.

He saw the RyanAir jet pull up to the gate and the group of passengers start boarding. Juan showed his boardng pass and walked down the tube towards his seat, thankful that the flight would only be an hour. Whoever sent the tickets could have at least sent good tickets on a proper airline, this is one time being short is good, he thought sardonically.

The plane was soon up in the air and flying over the Bay of Biscay, Juean having put on his Ipod and while he read Fellowship of the Ring. No one seemed to notice the young Spaniard as many of the passengers were Brits heading home from a cheap holiday and nursing hangovers. Barely two hours later, the plane landed at Stansted and he quickly cleared customs, going straight to the train. I'll stay in my flat tonight, lucky the summer renters don't show up until next week, he thought.

Juan got off at the Docklands stop on the Tube and walked towards his building. The security guard on duty looked surprised but gave him a smile. "I'm in town for business, I'll be gone soon", he explained.

"All right, Mr. Torres. No one is using the flat yet, enjoy", said the guard.

Juan took the elevator to the eighth floor and let himself into the flat, glad to see that the cleaning lady had been there recently. It looked cold and sterile now without his things which were now at his house in Asturias, but he just shrugged and took his pajamas and toiletries out of the bag.

I'm starting to feel like Frodo, hopefully my quest doesn't involve saving the world from Sauron, he thought with a laugh.

Juan stripped down to his boxers and put on his plush blue robe, checking his face in the mirror and scratching his light brown beard. I might have to shave tomorrow, he mused.

He looked through his fridge and frowned when he saw a six pack of beer, a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter in the pantry. Juan just shrugged and made himself a peanut butter sandwich, taking a beer and heading into the parlor and turning on the TV. He changed channels until he came across Monty Python and the Holy Grail. This is the funniest movie ever, he thought.

Juan finished eating and rinsed out the plate, nursing his beer as he watched the movie and laughing out loud "Never underestimate rabbits", he mused aloud as the knights were killed by the rabbit. He had to smile when he saw Life of Brian was playing next, drinking his beer and laughing at Brian who thought he was Jesus, singing along to Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. That's my motto, always look on the bright side of life. I got a good feeling, he thought, taking a sip of beer.

Meanwhile, Fernando and Violette had landed in London as he sent a text to Juan. He got a quick reply saying he was also in town and to come to his building and stay for the night. "Juan is a good guy, I don't want to look for a hotel room and my flat is already sublet", he explained.

They grabbed the bags and Fernando hailed a taxi, giving him Juan's address. "You blokes cost me money, I bet on the Gunners", said cab driver grumpily.

"Perdon, senor", said Fernando.

"Ah, we'll get 'em next year", he replied with a shrug.

"I'd love to show you London, Vi. It's best city in the world, I grew up in suburban Madrid but this is the best city", he said enthusiastically.

"I should have shown you more of Montreal, mon amour Espagnol", she teased as he just laughed.

The driver let them off at Juan's building as Fernando paid the fare. "Hola, mi amigo", said Juan, embracing the taller man.

"Hola, Juan. Vas a Scotland tambien?", he asked.

"Si, Nando. Y que estas su chica?", he laughed.

"Juan, ella son mi novia Violette Letang. Violette, ese son mi amigo Juan", he said.

Juan took her hand and lightly kissed the knuckles, an amused look in his blue eyes. "Hola, senorita Letang. Son Francesa?", he asked.

"Si, senor Mata", she replied.

"Llame a me Juan, senor Mata es mi papa. Nando, ella esta bella y puede hablar Espanol", he laughed as he pressed the button for the elevator.

"Gracias, Juan. No quiero a ir a un hotel a ese hora", said Fernando.

"De nada, Nando. Estaba mirando Monty Python, ellos hace las peliculas mas buenas", said Juan.

"Si, verdad", agreed Fernando.

"Ese son tu cuarto, tengo pan y peanut butter y cerveza", said Juan apologetically.

"Ese son bien, Juan", said Fernando.

Violette excused herself to take a quick shower and change into pajamas, Fernando handing her a peanut butter sandwich and a bottle of Carling. "If you came during the season, I would have Estrella de Galicia here but I drank it all', said Juan.

"I'm from Montreal, we make very good beer ourselves. If you came to Quebec, you ought to try Fin du Monde or Maudite", said Violette, taking a sip of beer.

Juan cleared away the dishes and tossed the bottle into the dustbin as he got out a bottle of Talisker and three shot glasses from a hidden cabinet. "I don't want the people who rent the place to find my stash", he said with a laugh.

He poured them each a shot and they raised their glasses. "Para amor, amistad, Espana, London y Quebec, salud!", he toasted as they drank their shots.