Sequel: 4 Devils

Chelsea Dawn

Chapter 7

Violette looked dubiously at the English breakfast the men had ordered at a nearby cafe. 'If we're going to be driving all the way to Scotland, I want to go on a full stomach", said Juan as he speared a sausage with his fork.

"I usually have coffee and a croissant, I don't want to know how much fat is in that", she said.

"It's very good, with this you don't need to eat lucnh. And breakfast is the best English meal, we can have curry for dinner, the British do that really good", said Fernando as he added hot sauce to his eggs.

Violette shrugged as she at her own breakfast, glad that the sausage and bacon were not that greasy. "When I asked my mom to make this, she was horrified because Spanish people just have coffee or hot chocolate with bread. But back home I make it on the weekends, it's all protein so it's better for you", said Juan.

Violette finished her small plate and drank coffee as she watched them eat, hoping they didn't gain weight. "You two are just like Kris and his teammates, all they do is eat", she teased.

"Her brother is a hockey player", explained Fernando.

"Bueno, I know Canadians are crazy for the hockey. What team he plays for?", asked Juan, spreading marmalade on his toast.

"The Pittsburgh Penguins, he's a defenseman. He's back in Montreal during the summer", she replied.

"Bueno, we just have roller hockey in Spain. And I'm looking forward to seeing more of Scotland, we've played friendlies against the Glasgow teams", said Juan as he drank his tea.

"I can't understand that accent, all I know is London and US English", said Fernando.

"We'll be fine, amigo", said Juan.

They finished eating and paid for their meal before getting in Juan's black Toyota pickup truck. "I have one back in Asturias, it's good for going into the mountains", said Juan.

He got in the driver's seat and programmed the GPS to get directions. "Madre Dios, we are going to get there sometime tomorrow morning. We'll have to stop in Glasgow for night", said Juan, looking at the GPS screen.

Juan started the engine and while Fernando rode shotgun and Violette sat in the back, the Ipod hookup playing Iron Maiden. "Kris is a big Maiden fan, he saw them at Bell Centre last year", she said.

"Mas bueno, su hermano le gusta musica buena. "I saw them at O2 on the last tour, they had the Powerslave stage set and my favorite part was when Bruce wore the Anubis mask", said Juan.

"Juan, I swear you wore born in England", teased Fernando.

"Perhaps, Nando. Maybe I ought to move here permanently, buy a little country house in the Dales and live with sheep. Or perhaps find a nice little place in the Lake District or Northumbria, get a sheep dog and write poems", said Juan good-naturedly.

Fernando just shrugged and saw Juan take the exti for the M1, the speakers playing Juan's Iron Maiden and Nightwish playlist. I wonder what Sese would think of this, he'd probably laugh and join in anyways, crazy Andaluz bastard, he thought with a chuckle.

The drive took them fromthe flat and gentle south of England to the foothills of the Pennines along the spine of the country, to the rugged fells and hills and dales of Yorkshire and the desolate barren heaths of Durham and Northumberland. Juan maneuvered the truck surely through the changing landscape as the heavy metal playlist came from the speakers, careful to keep his eye on the road as he had never noticed the scenery before on the team bus. The heather-clad hills and dales of Yorkshire was of particular interest as he had Violette take pictures, hoping to send them to his mother.

It was dusk by the time they reached Glasgow, the city looking welcoming after the long ride. Juan drove around until he saw a hotel with a Vacancy sign, parking in the adjacent lot and going into the lobby. "A double room for three people", he told the lady at the front desk.

"Aye, welcome to Glasgow, laddie. Ye are from Spain?", she asked kindly as she typed in the information.

"Si, senora, from Oviedo. My friend and his girlfriend are with me", he replied.

"How lovely, laddie. Enjoy your stay", she said, handing him the keys.

Juan went back to the truck as they got the bag and went inside. "We'll wash up and get something to eat", he said.

Fernando opened the door and raised an eyebrow when he saw the double beds. "Nando, you guys take one and I'll take the other", said Juan.

Juan changed his shirt, splashing cold water on his face. "Don't start doing that now, wait until you get your own room", he teased.

Half an hour later, the trio found themselves at a pub recommended by the hotel lady. The bartender set down three pints of beer and took their orders, two pints of Caledonian IPA for the men and a Tennant's for her. "Best beer in the world", said Juan appreciatively as he took a large swallow.

"You really are British, Juan", teased Fernando.

"Perhaps, Nando", he chuckled.

"You guys are seriously British, I swear. I doubt you're actually Spanish", she teased.

"No, estamos Espanol pero viviendos y trabajos aqui, Senorita Letang. It's just that I've always liked British stuff since I read Lord of the Rings as a kid. And Asturias resembles England, it's very green and there's mountains and it rains a lot. Whenever I visit the beach, it's too hot and I get sunburned", said Juan.

"Verdad. Sergio has a house down there and he loves it, crazy Andaluz bastard. He says it's the Andalucian in him, they can handle the heat and it's in their blood", said Fernando.

"Who's Sergio?", she asked.

"Sergio Ramos, one of my oldest friends. He's a hot-blooded Andalucian from Seville, a handsome devil that can charm the scales off a snake. All the girls love him, I tell him that if he went to England he would get so many girls", he replied, showing her a picture from his phone.

"Is he football player too?", she asked.

"Si, he plays for Real Madrid. Which means that he gets more girls than a rock star", said Fernando dryly.

"He must drive his mother nuts", she teased.

"Verdad, his mom wants him to find a nice girl. But that won't happen for a while", said Fernando as their food arrived, big steak dinners for the men and a shepherd's pie for her.

After dinner, the bartender set down three glasses and poured them each a shot of Highland Park. "Para amor, amistad, y Espana, salud", said Juan as they clinked glasses and drank.

Fernando put an arm around her waist and they walked back to the hotel. He watched as Juan stripped down to his boxers and put the robe on top while Violette went to the bathroom as he stripped down to his own boxers. "No quiero oir ustedes", teased Juan.

"Tienes mentes sucio, amigo", he retorted as Juan laughed.

Fernando's eyes widened in appreciation when he saw Violette emerge from the bathroom in a deep rose pink slp with a matching wrap, her black curls loose around her shoulders. "Eres tan linda, Blanca Nieves", he murmured.

"Snow White? Now you guys are in the cute names stage", teased Juan.

"Si, Juan. And do you have one?", he asked.

"No, I got to come up with one", he laughed.

"How about Elvish for I'm an annoying little bastard", joked Fernando as Juan flipped him off.

Violette got into bed and tried not to stare at Fernando's bare chest, seeing his ripped abs and tattooed arms. "That is my number and this is the date mi abuelo died", he said, pointing to the Roman numeral tattoo.

"And of course this is my name in Tengwar, I got it when I played for Liverpool", he said. Fernando was still as Violette carefully traced the Tengwar script with her fingertips, the gentle touch like a brand on his skin. "No hago eso, Blanca Nieves", he growled.

Violette was startled at the sound of his voice and the intensity in his brown eyes, turning them almost black. "Perdon", she said.

"You two, don't do anything that I can see", said Juan cheekily.

"Buenas noches, Juan", said Fernando.

"Buenas noches, Nando", said Juan as he turned off the light.