Status: I'm back (:

Brontide

Image

Brontide- the low, distant rumbling of thunder.

It is her final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and Cassie Bains can't wait to leave. With a horrible Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and a war raging outside of the castle, Cassie feels like she's needed elsewhere and is more than eager to fight Lord Voldemort's followers. Her best friends are the few things keeping her sane; Fred and George Weasley, the prankster twins from around the corner, and Rae Turner, her kindness and soft-spoken manner making Cassie feel much like an older sister. If they can survive their final year at school, they've got a whole Wizarding War ahead of them, and if there's one thing for certain, it's this; war is not known for being kind.

***

Okay! So, for a few of you this story may seem vaguely familiar, and that's because it is. This is a rewrite of my old series People Like Them Are An Endangered Species. I kept some of the dialogue and interactions the same, but I expanded on a lot of things and made it a better story overall. I will try to get chapters out as frequently as I can, but I can make no promises. Overall, I hope you enjoy the story!

Disclaimer: I do not own the Harry Potter characters or universe; they were entirely created by J.K. Rowling. I do, however, own the characters I created and everything else.

Cassie
Rae