Sequel: Iron Maiden
Status: In Progress

Iron Skye

Chapter 11

I holed myself up in my dad's room the next day. I was super close to finishing the equivalent of my first year of college and I wanted to get it done as soon as possible.

"JARVIS?" I asked but heard nothing. Unusual. "JARVIS?" I asked again. When he didn't reply, I started to get nervous. Looks like I'll have to do things old - school.

I Opened my door and stuck my head out. Something felt off. I walked to the living room only to stop when I heard a voice I didn't want to hear. Obadiah.

I immediately backed to my dad's room, not wanting to turn my back on the living room. I shut the door, having to push a chair in front of it, seeing as JARVIS was currently disabled. I shut myself in the bathroom, grabbing the first thing I saw that I could defend myself with: my curling iron. It was still hot from me using it only minutes ago. I stood there, waiting for the crash.

I wasn't disappointed. The door was forced open, the wood of the chair splintering under the force.

"Come out, come out wherever you are. I'm not going to hurt you, Skye. I just wanna talk." I could hear him nearing the bathroom. I got ready to swing. ''Uncle Obie just wants to ask a favor of you."

The door was pushed open and I swung at the figure in the door.

"Son of a bitch!" I knew I had made contact.

I ran for the door, only to have an arm wrap around my middle, stopping all movement.

A rough hand clamped over my mouth and warm breath tickled my ear.

I screamed into the hand, the sound muffled.

"Shh it's okay. Uncle Obie's gotcha." My breathing picked up and my heart was pounding against my rib cage as the fear rose in my chest from my stomach. I was starting to hyperventilate. "Oh no, don't do that, you'll pass out. Deep breaths. You don't have any reason to be afraid. I'm not gonna hurt you, no I've got better plans for you." There was a prick in my neck and I was out.

I woke up strapped to a chair, in some warehouse. There were various machines hooted up to me and two men in lab coats were bustling around, looking at screens.

"You know, I've been around for a long time, I've seen a lot. I remember when we had your mother in this position."

"My mother?" My voice was hoarse and barely audible but I knew he heard me.

"Yes, we tried this with your mother , but unfortunately there were some ... unforeseen side effects." One of the men brought a case over to Obadiah. He opened it, pulling a vial of reddish-brown liquid out. "This is the serum that drove your mother insane. This is what made her kill all those people. Her gene pool wasn't quite right to be able to handle the serum, but you, you should be perfect. Your grandfather wanted to stop production on this, but I couldn't put such a wonder to waste, so I had them secretly fine tune it and finally after all these years, we're finally going to see it in action with the right person." He handed it off to one of the men."But sadly I will have to miss this transformation. No, I will be taking care of Miss Potts." He turned away from me. "Go ahead."

Both men turned to me as Obadiah left.

One set up an IV while the other attached the vial to a syringe.

"Vitals look good." One said.

"She's good to go." The other said.

The one that installed the IV took the syringe, injecting it into the IV.

I didn't feel anything at first, then I screamed.