Sequel: Iron Maiden
Status: In Progress

Iron Skye

Chapter 13

3rd POV

"Tony!" Rhodey called entering the mansion. "Tony!" He called again after there was no response. He figured his best friend would be down in the garage but he was not expecting the sight he found. "Tony!" He called, running over to the man who looked half dead. He rolled Tony over, the man grabbing onto his jacket sleeve. He looked like hell. "You okay?"

"Where's Pepper?" He gasped out.

"She's fine. She's with five agents. They're about to arrest Obadiah."

"That's not going to be enough."

"Is Skye with Pepper?" Rhodey asked as he hauled Tony to his feet.

"Obadiah took her."

"What?" Rhodey shouted as Tony started the process of donning the suit.

"I don't know where she is. There was a tracking device on her phone which is now at the bottom of the Pacific." Rhodey gave him a look. "Long story."

Rhodey watched as the machines put the armor on Tony.

"That's the coolest thing I've ever seen."

"Not bad, huh? Let's do it."

Tony blasted the crushed Cobra out of the way of the hole he fell through just a couple days ago.
"You need me to do anything else?"

"Find my daughter." Tony's face plate locked into place. "And keep the skies clear." He flew off through the hole.

***

After nearly dying at the hands of Obadiah, Pepper was shaken. But she felt even worse as her phone rang.

'Pepper, Obadiah took Skye.' That was not what she wanted to hear from Rhodey.

"Do you know where she is?"

'No. I'm headed to Stark Industries now."

"Did you find her?" A voice behind Pepper startled her.

She turned to Agent Coulson. "No. Obadiah took her. Brought her here somewhere."

"Agent Barton, Mini Stark has gone missing. Search every crack and crevice until you find her then take necessary action to ensure her safety." Coulson spoke into his ear piece. He turned back to Pepper. "Don't worry, she's in good hands."

Pepper really wanted to believe so.