Sequel: Iron Maiden
Status: In Progress

Iron Skye

Chapter 6

3RD POV

Tony was down in his workshop, setting up his new project when JARVIS interrupted him.

"Sir, I hate to interrupt but I detected a disturbance in Miss Skye's room."

Tony looked up from his work. What disturbance?

He took the stairs two at a time and double timed his pace when he heard a pained scream from his daughter's room.

He threw open the bedroom door, scanning the room for any signs of an intruder. When he found none, his eyes went to his daughter's form on the bed. She was tossing and turning, pained whimpers coming from her mouth. Tony turned on the bed side lamp, looking over his daughter.

Her brow was furrowed in a frown and there was a thin layer of sweat on her forehead. He gently put a hand on her shoulder and she flinched away from him.

"No, please don't. " She whimpered, her breathing speeding up.

"Skye." Tony whispered, shaking her arm.

"Don't hurt him."

"Skye." Tony said louder. His heart started racing.

"Daddy." She whimpered. "Don't hurt him, please."

She rolled away from Tony, gripping the sheets. "Daddy...no...daddy!" She sat up so fast it startled Tony.

Her eyes were glazed over and she was looking far away.

"Hey, it's okay." Tony, overcoming his surprise, cupped her cheek, turning her face.

Her eyes came back into focus and she stared at Tony.

"Daddy?" her voice cracked.

"I'm here." He wrapped his arms around her, tucking her head under his chin. "I'm here." He held her until her shaking subsided.

"Will you tell me?" She asked him, her voice muffled.

"What?" She pulled away from him, looking up into his face.

"Will you tell me what happened over there?"

Tony sighed. He really didn't want to, especially after what he just witnessed, but he thought it really couldn't get any worse.

Tony climbed in bed next to Skye, leaning against her headboard.

SKYE POV

My dad told me what happened in Afghanistan, including the arc reactor. I couldn't believe what he had gone through.

I nuzzled into my dad's chest, the humming of the reactor gently lulling me to sleep.

I woke up because my dad had so rudely thrown a pillow at my head.

"Get up, Birdy."

I groaned. It was too early for this.

"Get up and pack a bag. We're taking a trip."

My dad left before I could ask any questions.

I quickly hopped in the shower and packed a small bag for the day before heading down to the garage.

My dad was waiting by the Audi.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"It's a surprise."

We drove for about an hour before my dad pulled into a parking spot at a familiar part of Anaheim.

"No way." I said.

"Yes way." My dad said, climbing out of the Audi.

I looked at the sign as we crossed the street, feeling like a kid on Christmas.

"Welcome to Disneyland."