Sequel: Iron Maiden
Status: In Progress

Iron Skye

Chapter 9

Sorry I haven't been updating quite as much, I was exiled to my grandma's house and she doesn't have wifi so I'm stuck updating from my phone when I'm too lazy to go somewhere with free wifi. But here's another chapter just because I love you guys.

My dad and I had been spending more time together after I revealed to him what had happened when he was gone.

I couldn't sleep one night so I went downstairs to find my dad. He wasn't anywhere to be seen in the garage so I thought he was upstairs for a change until something crashed through the ceiling onto one of the cars.

Dummy started spraying it with the extinguisher and as far as I could see it was metal.

"Dad?" I said, wondering what on earth was going on.

The thing that was on the car lifted its head and I realized it was some type of robot.

"Skye?" It asked me in a metallic voice that sounded awfully familiar.

"Dad?"I asked, laughing. I couldn't believe this.

The robot climbed off of the now ruined Cobra, and two machines went over it, removing the metal pieces. The face piece came off revealing my dad.

"What are you doing, Dad?" I asked.

He walked over to me,wincing and clutching his head. "Ice first, then an expiration."

He got a bag of ice, placing it on his head before making his way over to where I was sitting, looking at the brown parcel that he hadn't opened yet. It stung a little. I thought things were changing.

He grabbed the mug off the parcel before sitting by me.

He started explaining what he was doing, how he was building a suit and what he was doing with it.

"You're going to get yourself killed." I said. "You'll shoot your eye out."

"Will not. I know what I'm doing."

"It sure looks that way." I said looking over at the Cobra.

''Hey,I just need to make a few adjustments, get used to the feel...'' He trailed off as I stifled a yawn. "Go to bed, Skye." I nodded, yawning again.
I hugged him, kissing his cheek before making my way upstairs and falling onto my bed, my eyes closing immediately.

The next day was spent getting ready for my dad's charity ball that I doubted he would be showing up at. Pepper did my hair and makeup, even picking out the shoes that would go with the dress we went shopping for.

I felt ridiculous as I looked at myself in the mirror. It would be my first time out in public since Disneyland and I was beyond nervous.

I smiled at the cameras, doing inside as fast as possible. There were people everywhere, most I didn't even recognize but they knew who I was. Everyone knows who I am. That what I get for having a billionaire for a father.

I sat down at the bar, putting my head in my hands. I could almost hear the thoughts in people's heads about me. I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Rough night?" A voice said to my left, startling me from my thoughts.

"Oh, no, things like this have always been a little overwhelming for me."

"Agent Coulson. I'm with Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division."
"Wow, that is a Mouthful. You should really come up with a different name for that." I covered my mouth, heat rising to my cheeks. " I'm sorry, when I get nervous, things just kind of fly out of my mouth and I can't really stop them."

Agent Coulson laughed. "It's alright , I get that a lot, actually. Listen, there is a lot I need to debrief both you and your father on, so if there is a time I could meet up with you, that would be great."

"Well, I can't say much about my dad but I'm pretty free all the time so name a time and a date and I'll be there."

''How about the 24th at 7:00PM at Stark Industries?"

"Sounds good. I'll be there."

" Thank you, Miss Stark."

"Please, call me Skye."

''Alright, Skye."

"I like you, Agent Coulson." I said before walking over to Pepper.

Pepper introduced me to whoever she was talking to, but I didn't pay much attention. I was really hoping my dad would show up.

"I'm going to go mingle." I told Peppe, which translated to, I'm going to go be a wallflower.

I didn't even see my dad come in until he was right in front of me,

"Come on, Skye, lets go dance."

"Dad..."

He pulled me out on the dance floor, slowly swaying to the music.

"You know haven't danced with you since you were a little girl."

"Well, usually at these things you're a little... preoccupied."

"I know. But I've changed."

''Have you?" I tilted my head to the side.

"Yes, I have."

The music stopped and my dad stopped our dancing.

''I have changed." He placed his hands on my arms, looking at my face. ''You look beautiful."

I looked down at my feet which were screaming from standing in high heels for so long.

"Come on. Lets go home."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders leading me out the door, through the press and to the Audi.

"Night, Skye." My dad said when we entered the house. I could tell something was bothering him as he made his way down to the garage.

I removed my dress and cursed heels, removing all evidence that I even left the house tonight before I fell, face down on my bed.

I didn't even know I had fallen asleep until something woke me up.

My phone buzzed on my bedside table.

"Hello?"

'Hello sweetheart.'

"Um, who is this?" I asked not recognizing the voice.

'I thought a daughter would recognize the voice of her own mother.'