Status: COMING SOON TO MIBBA (The title may change) stay tuned

Hiding From the Obvious

II - "I've Got To Help Her... Somehow"

"Dude, did you see those girls in there?" Ryan hopped on his board ahead of Justin.
"Yeah, you're the stud." He joked.
"Who was the girl you were talking to?"
"No, I wasn't talking to her; I was trying to distract her douchebag trainer from checking her out."
"Well, she was pretty hot."
"No, I think there's something more going on."
"Like what?"
"Well, I asked him for her workout routine and used the guise that I had a sister looking for a workout with variety."
"What's wrong with that?"
"He asked to see a picture of my sister. Normal people don't do that, bro."
"I see your point. Maybe he's just a lonely man."
"So you take classes to be a physical fitness trainer?" He sounded doubtful. "No, there's another motive and we both know what it is."
"We've got to get your mind off of her for a minute. Want me to call up the boys and see if they can meet us at the burger place down on Fifth?"
"I'm curious as to how many digits you got from those girls?"
He laughed. "Just three."
"Three numbers? I saw those twins, but who else talked to you?"
"This super-fit blonde girl came over to us while you were being the hero for the redhead. What's her name, by the way?"
"Nina. That's all I know."
"What are you going to do? Break into the gym's filing system and do a background check on this guy?"
"If it comes to that."
"You can't save them all."
"I can try, though." Justin reached up and popped his invisible collar as they jumped on their boards and rode home.
***
Nina collapsed on the couch as she always did after a workout session. She didn't understand why she never felt energized. Wasn't a workout routine supposed to boost her energy level? Maybe it was because Mike didn't let her go home until he thought she had done adequate work. A set time limit wasn't good enough. He had even told her she wasn't good enough for that guy that had stopped to talk to him. She hadn't caught the boy's name, but she wanted to get to know him. He looked to be in his late teens and she was intrigued by him. The teenage boys she knew would have just watched her work out; they probably would have whistled their appreciation and yelled flirtatious things in her direction. But he was different, or at least he seemed different. He seemed to possess a protective side to him; like he wouldn't stand for watching women be treated like objects.