Status: COMING SOON TO MIBBA (The title may change) stay tuned

Hiding From the Obvious

V - Needing More Facts

Justin's Point of View
I sat down on the bench and anxiously tapped my foot, waiting for Nina and Mike to reappear. They had disappeared into the locker room minutes after the workout began. I wanted to strongly urge the gym's supervisors to perform background checks on all their trainers more frequently, but decided to sit on the bench and wait instead. The locker room door creaked open and Mike emerged, holding a bright blue yoga mat, followed by Nina who clutched a pair of bright green dumbbells in her hands. I slightly relaxed. Had I jumped to the wrong conclusion? Was I being paranoid for nothing? But who does a workout routine in the locker room when they could use the entire gym? Nina smiled at me as she followed her trainer to the treadmills and started one up. "How many calories did you burn last time?" He inquired.
"Two hundred fifty." She sounded pleased.
"So let's push for two hundred seventy today, yes?"
"I'll go for three hundred." She suggested.
Mike looked suspicious. "I don't want you to injure yourself, Nina. Be careful."
She nodded and he lay the sweat towel on the arm of the machine.
I sat back and thought for a moment. Maybe he was just a creep at random times. Maybe nothing had happened in the locker room. Maybe she was okay. I nodded a silent goodbye to her and walked home.
...
The next day I caught up with Ryan and he asked how my trip to the gym had gone. I relayed to him what I'd seen and he told me that I was more than likely just being paranoid. I asked him if he wanted to catch a bite to eat for lunch and then head home. "Actually, I've got to head home now." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "There's a new episode of that show I don't want anyone to know I like."
"Dude." I gave an expression as if to say 'Tell me you're kidding.'
"What? It's a good show." He defended.
"It's on Disney Channel, man. And I know you only watch it for that Gomez chick."
"Her name is Selena Gomez and she is a very talented actress."
"Whatever you say." I laughed and made my way to the deli down the street.
I ordered my food and heard the bell at the front door ring, alerting the entire restaurant of the new customers. My jaw locked momentarily as I saw Mike with two girls. They flirted and laughed, but he stopped and made his way to my table, leaning his large hand against it.
"Do I know you?" I asked, nonchalantly taking another bite of my sandwich.
"Why did you start coming around the gym and giving Nina attention?" He demanded.
"I don't know. She caught my eye." I fired back coolly.
"What I do with Nina is none of your business." He growled. "Stay out of my gym and leave her alone. I own her."