Walking Dead

City of the Dead

She could feel her heart pounding in her chest and felt like it wanted to crawl out her throat and run away. The zombies would love that wouldn't they? There was no way those brain dead ghouls were going to feast on her flesh. She began to load shells into her shotgun and pumped it. She didn't know that spending time in Raccoon City would turn out like this. She wanted it to be nice and quiet. She was just glad that she was trained with weapons since her grandfather was an expert with weapons.

When all of this mess happened, Fallon overheard the speakers that were located around Raccoon City to head to the Raccoon City Police Department. Before she knew it, the city was in flames, zombies were infesting the streets and corpses were lying everywhere. She eventually found a gun shop and pilfered a shotgun from the shelf while grabbing some shells. She saw some zombies in the alleyway and began to book it towards the police department.

Now here she was. She was in the police department and couldn't see any officers. The only ones Fallon found were only zombies. Even she was able to pick them off. She just hoped that she could find one person still alive. She didn't know how long it's been since she's seen a real human that wasn't tearing flesh from bone or ingesting organs. And making that ungodly moaning. Fallon swore that it was going to drive her mad.

She peaked around a corner to see blood coated on the walls and the tiled floor. Her breath began to get shaky as she took slow steps. Soon she heard growling behind her making her whirl around. There was nothing there. What the hell was making that sound? She looked at the floor and then looked up at the ceiling to see some kind of monster climbing on it.

It climbed on all four legs and had no skin. Instead it was all muscles and it's brain was exposed but it had no eyes. What scared her the most was that the creature had a long tongue that was making its way towards her. She managed to dodge it but slipped in the puddle of blood. She fell down and looked up at the monster as it dropped from the ceiling. She tried looking for her gun but it was far from her and near the monster. She screamed until she heard several gunshots.

She opened her eyes to see that the creature was on the floor dead and slightly twitching. Fallon blinked and looked from the dead monster then up to see a man in a Raccoon Police Department uniform. He placed his handgun back into his holster and walked over to her.

"Are you all right?" he asked as he held his hand out to her to help her up.

"Yes... thank you so much for saving my life," Fallon said, feeling her face grow hot as she took his gloved hand.

"It's no problem. It's my job... or was supposed to be," he said, "I'm Leon Kennedy."

"Fallon Nivans," she said softly.