Walking Dead

First Day on the Force

Leon could feel his breath catch in his throat after taking each small step. First day on the force and the whole city was crawling with the undead inhabitants that lived within it. If this was some kind of training, he was not impressed or even amused in the slightest bit. Raccoon City looks as if it was a part of a horror movie. He was trying his best to not make a sound and avoided being attacked by zombies.

Leon S. Kennedy thought this would be the day he would finally be an official police officer starting today. He figured it was fortunate that he had slept in or else he would be amongst the walking undead. As he entered the room where his desk would be with the others, he saw that his fellow officers and even his supervisor were going to throw him a welcoming party. Now it was all spoiled. The office was a mess with papers scattered, chairs overturned and puddles of blood spilled all over the white tile, even the party hats were caked in blood. He knew nothing was going to be the same. Raccoon City was finished.

He wanted to be a police officer so he could protect people. Now he couldn't even do that. They were all dead. He just hoped to God that Claire was all right. She looked like she could take care of herself but he still couldn't help but worry. He repositioned his hold on his handgun while swallowing the lump in his throat.

Something caught the corner of his eye, making him whip his head to see a creature scurrying on the ceiling. He went wide-eyed, not believing what he was seeing. He decided to quietly follow the creature and not draw its attention to him. Holding up his handgun, he pointed in the direction of where it went. Once he passed the corner, he saw the foul beast on the floor and making its way towards a woman. It didn't look like she was infected but if he didn't help her, she would be. The bipedal, muscular monster was about to strike her with his large, bony claws, making the woman scream. This was Leon's signal to shoot. Several 9mm round managed to lodge themselves in the right place, killing the monster instantly. The creature twitched but as far as Leon knew, it was dead. He placed his gun in the holster while approaching the woman.

"Are you all right?" Leon asked as he held out his hand to help her up.

"Yes… thank you so much for saving my life," she replied while taking his hand.

"It's no problem. It's my job… or was supposed to be," he said while letting out a small sigh, "I'm Leon Kennedy."

"Fallon Nivans," she replied softly.