Walking Dead

Memories of a Lost City

Fallon thanked god that Leon came at the right time to save her. She had to admit, he was very handsome but she had to focus on surviving. She couldn’t get weak in the knees for a cop during and outbreak of zombies. She could imagine it in her head now; death by drooling over a man in uniform. Though she was going to stick with him since he was a cop and knew how to handle his own. Maybe he knew why the town turned into a horror movie. She began to follow Leon closely as he led the way.

“Leon…” Fallon piped up but didn’t wait for his answer, “Do you know what is going on here?”

Leon didn’t turn to look at her as he continued to walk slowly with his gun readied at his side, “Your guess is as good as mine. I just arrived in the city only an hour ago to see this mess.”

“Oh…” Fallon replied softly, “I’m grateful you were there to save me.”

“It’s no problem. I want to find as many survivors as possible and get out of the city,” Leon said sternly.

“You’re right,” Fallon said with a nod, “We need to get out of here quick before we become those… things.”

Fallon didn’t want to call them zombies since it seemed ridiculous to her but at the same time… that’s how these creatures were acting. Wandering around aimlessly with a distant look in their eyes and letting out an unbearable moan while ripping flesh from bone. Fallon shook her head and continued to follow closely to Leon. She held her shotgun close just in case something popped out at them. She was praying she would find her friend that she came to visit.

Fallon remembered that she was coming to Raccoon City for a vacation and to stay with her friend. Fallon was even thinking of moving to Raccoon City for a change of scenery and a new life. New life indeed. When she arrived, the city was in shambles. Fires consumed buildings and vehicles along with bodies littering the streets. Overhearing the PA system throughout the city about going to the police station, Fallon thought that was a good idea. She knew that her friend would have the right idea and go there too. At least she believed that.

Thinking quick and on her feet, Fallon carefully made her way through the streets so the zombies wouldn’t see her. Eventually, she found a gun shop and went inside to see that the owner was dead. Laying beside him was a shotgun that would be perfect to fend off the undead. Fallon carefully took the gun from him, making sure he wouldn’t try to attack her in the process. Once the shotgun was in her possession, she hightailed it for the police station.

Now here she was with Leon, looking for survivors. She at least hoped there was something still left alive... she was hoping it was her friend. They rounded a corner to find the conference room. Leon looked around then made it clear that it was all right to enter. Fallon followed behind and began to look from side to side to see desks were over turned, papers strewn the floor along with blood. She shook her head, still in denial about what was going on. How did all of this mess happen? Why did it happen? This peaceful town has now turned into the legion of the dead.

Not finding any clues, Leon and Fallon left the conference room. They slowly made their way down the hall and heard the ungodly groaning. The windows they were starting to pass were boarded up and zombies were clawing at the wood. As they made their way down the eery hallway, Fallon felt arms grab her and pulled her towards the barricade. She screamed and felt her head hit against the wood that blocked the zombies. Broken and bloody nails clawed at her as she heard them snarling and moan louder as they wondered where their meal was. Fallon was eventually free when Leon knifed the arms. Fallon fell forward on her knees as Leon placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You all right?" Leon asked then helped her up.

"Yes, that's twice I owe you," Fallon replied smiling sheepishly.

Leon smirked for a second but they continued on. They entered a larger area where a few zombies occupied the space. Fallon and Leon easily cleared the room and made their way for the stairs. Upstairs they came across the S.T.A.R.S office an Leon immediately went in.

Leon looked around and sighed, "Damnit."

Fallon frowned and wondered what or who Leon was looking for. Fallon began to look around the office while Leon looked through the desks. Leon then picked up a journal that belonged to Chris Redfield. This was Claire's brother! He began to read through the pages and went wide-eyed, "Fallon, look at this."

Fallon looked up and walked over to where Leon was. He handed her the diary and Fallon had the same exact reaction as him, "Umbrella did all of this? How could they? They're a successful pharmaceutical company! Why make a virus that turns people into... zombies?

"I don't know... but I have heard rumors that Umbrella had dirty secrets hidden away," Leon replied, "More importantly... what's the G-virus?"

Both of them heard a door open and a girl with red hair, blue eyes and a pink outfit walked in.

The girl looked at Leon and smiled, "Leon!"

Leon smiled and walked over to her, "It's good to see you're among the living."

Claire nodded then took notice of Fallon, "You were able to find a survivor. Thank goodness."

"I did, any second longer and she would have done for," Leon replied, "Claire, this is Fallon."

Fallon walked up to the girl, "It's nice to meet you, Claire."

"Same here," Claire replied with a smile, "It's nice to see someone else still alive."

"Claire," Leon piped up, "I don't think we're going to find your brother here."

Claire was confused but looked to see that Leon was holding out Chris's diary to her. She began to read it and her face fell more. Leon frowned but knew that they had to make the best of the situation, "There is no reason for us to stay any longer than necessary. Let's split up, look for any survivors and get out of here."

Claire was still disheartened and tears nipped at her eyes but straightened up and nodded, "Right."

"One last thing," Leon replied and handed something else to Claire, "Here's a radio so we can stay in contact and also if anything happens."

"Thanks, Leon," Claire replied with a soft smile.

Leon then looked at Fallon, "Let's go ahead and keep moving."

Fallon nodded and looked at Claire, "Be safe, Claire."

"I will," Claire said with a wink, "You and Leon do the same."

Leon and Fallon left the S.T.A.R.S office and moved forward to look for anyone left alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there guys! I am so sorry for the late updating! School really has consumed my life and making it difficult to update, let alone write! But I have been writing down notes in my mini notebook for this story and I am about a few chapters into this story! I will hopefully update more when school slows down. Thank you guys for the reviews and support, it really drives me to keep writing this!