Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter One Near death experience

Chapter One
Near death experience

A baby crys from the darkness as a voice whispers in the surrounding thick blackness. “Upon her 16th year, the child will come to know power, truest of loves and purest of evils. Her true path begins at midnight”. My eyes snapped open and I smiled smelling the sea salt in the air. I could hear my father talking to Henry and Amanda. They sure were up early. I rolled onto my side looking at the clock smiling to myself. Only one more day until I was officially sixteen. I jumped out of bed and humming happily made my way above to the kitchen where Mom was busy cleaning up after breakfast.

“Don’t tell me I missed French toast day”.
I pouted, Mom smiled at me.
“You think I’d let that happen?”
She winked at me, I sat at the table resting my arms on the table.
“Dad having flash backs to his youth?”
I smirked hearing him calling out in Pirate talk to Henry and Amanda. Mom laughed shaking her head.
“Something like that”.

She looked back at me.
“You sleep ok?”
I nodded to her rubbing the back of my neck a little.
“I had a strange dream though, I’m surrounded by nothing but darkness and there’s this baby crying. Then this voice speaks from the shadows with this ominous prophecy”.
I heard the clanging of a pan hitting the floor. I stood frowning.
“Mom? You ok?”
Mom smiled at me.
“Oh, yeah. You know what a klutz I can be”.

I smiled to myself. My mom was Emma Swan, or Emma Swan-Jones as she goes by now. She’s the daughter of Prince Charming and Snow White. Pretty amazing right? My dad Killian Jones is actually the famous Caption Hook. I guess for most people who consider all of these people in my life fairy tale characters it’s kind of impossible for any of that to be true. But it really is the truth. On top of that, My God Father is none other than Rumplestiltskin and my God mother is The Evil Queen, but everyone calls her Regina these days. My Godfather actually delivered my sister and I.

Mom was leaving an appointment and there was this really bad storm outside, anyway she got trapped in an elevator and my God father was trapped with her. He helped her give birth to my sister and I. Mom said from the moment I was born he felt a kinship with me. It’s kind of nice, since Rumple doesn’t like many people.

Mom placed my French toast in front of me and smiled sitting across from me.
“Sweetie, why don’t you get some rest after your done eating”?
I looked at her kind of confused.
“But Dad might need my help, “mending the sails” and all that stuff”.
I beamed at her. Mom laughed.
“I think Henry and Amanda can handle that sweetie. Maybe read a book or listen to some of your music for a while”.

I never really understood mom’s hyperactive over-protective approach to me. She lets Amanda join martial arts classes and enter treatments where she is at serious risk of getting hurt. She let Henry go to college in New York where they have a much higher crime rate then in Story Brook. But! If I so much as think of taking on an extracurricular activity or traveling the world she completely flips out on me.

“Mom, I’m not a china doll you know?”
She smiled placing her hand over mine.
“I know you’re not made of glass, I just want you to relax! Enjoy your summer”.
She kissed my forehead before getting to her feet and heading above deck where everyone else was. I finished eating and cleared my place washing up. With a heavy sigh I looked towards the ladder that led down to the cabins. I didn’t want to rest, I wanted to be out where the action was. I guess I come by it honestly having a Pirate for a father.
I made my way above deck and smiled looking around. Amanda was standing with mom tying up the sail while Henry was hanging out in “the crow’s nest” being a lazy lump I was assuming. But he was good at acting busy.

“Hey! It’s sleeping Beauty”.
I narrowed my eyes up at him.
“Shut up Henry”.
He laughed leaning on the railing as he looked down at me.
“Is the princess actually going to do some work? Or are you too scared to brake a nail?”
He pouted at me, I growled inwardly. As one of the ropes came loose I ran forwards and grabbed onto it feeling the wind pull me towards the railing of the ship. Dad was fast in getting to me he wrapped one arm around my waist and gripped the rope with his other hand.
“Easy now love, you have no upper body strength”.
I frowned a bit.
“Yeah, I know but Henry”.

Dad smiled at me shaking his head.
“Ignore him. He’s just getting under your skin like brothers do”.
Dad and I tied off the rope and I smiled actually getting to do something other than sit around. I suppose any other girl would be worried about her tan or something stupid like that. But I really liked this, being out on a ship, at one with the ocean waves. Mom shot a worried look to my father as he smiled at me. I knew a complement was coming but it was silenced by the clearing of my mother’s throat.
“Killian, don’t you think Krissi should go inside, I think she’s had enough excitement for one day”.
I sighed looking between my parents.
“Come on! I wanna be out here helping too! I like this stuff”.

Amanda smiled at Mom resting her hands on her hips.
“Come on mom what harm could it do to have her out here, we aren’t in any danger, yeah the winds pretty violent today but it will get us back to Story Brook faster”.
I smiled giving a nod.
“Yeah let me help”.
Mom and Dad looked at each other. Henry chose this time to come down from the crow’s nest and join the conversation.
“Mom’s right Krissi, maybe you should get some rest or something, leave the people with upper body strength to work on the ship”.
He grinned, while I knew he was joking I still wanted to smack him.
“Ugh! Why are you so insistent on making me feel like some helpless person? I can do this stuff too! It’s in my blood!”

I looked at Dad who never took his eyes from my mother. Amanda nodded looking to mom and giving a smile.
“Yeah, come on Mom, I’ll teach her how to make the right knotting in the ropes”.
Mom looked at Amanda.
“I think she’d be happier inside is all”.
I sighed hugging myself.
“She’d be happier if you’d stop treating “Her” like she’s five seconds away from shattering to pieces!”
I huffed turning and going below deck again. I sighed watching the sky darken and I could hear Amanda and Henry return to their cabins. The clanging of mom doing dishes above in the kitchen. I got up and made my way above deck looking towards the endless starry sky. Dad was at the wheel as always. I walked over standing next to him looking at the stars.

“Dad”.
I said looking over at him, He smiled at me.
“Yes Love?”
I sighed kind of embarrassed about my question but I had to ask.
“Is Jack Sparrow real?”
Dad laughed loudly.
“I know, it’s a stupid question. But I’ve always wanted to know, if your real maybe he is too”.
“Jack Sparrow, is a force to be reckon with”.
I perked up smiling at him.
“So he’s real?”

Dad smiled at me.
“Aye, he’s real. And he’s a cheat and a liar and well, a pirate to his core”.
I beamed at him sitting on the railing.
“Tell me about him Dad? Did you two ever join forces? Fight together on the seas?”
Dad rolled his eyes.
“Jack Sparrow doesn’t work well with others, he tried to steal my ship once, and I almost ended his life. But the coward got away”.
I giggled folding my hands in my lap.
“Wow! Does he look like Johnny Depp?”
Dad smirked shaking his head.
“He wishes”.

I laughed lightly.
“Wow! What about Black Beard! Was he real?”
Dad nodded keeping his eyes forward.
“Yes, he was worse the Sparrow”.
I giggled looking up at the stars.
“Wow, I wonder if I’ll ever get to meet the real Jack Sparrow. I think it would be cool! “
Dad rolled his eyes.
“He’s not all he’s hyped up to be, and you stay away from Pirates, they aren’t good for girls like you”.
I frowned at him.
“What do you mean “Girls like me?” “
Dad smiled at me.
“Good pure hearted girls, I’ve seen too many of them hurt by scum. And I won’t let some scum hurt you that way. So you’re forbidden from dating a Pirate”.

I rolled my eyes.
“Gee thanks dad, I bet you’d let Amanda date one”.
“Amanda’s always been able to handle herself well”.
I felt my eyes narrow but before I could say a word the ship rocked unexpectedly and I felt myself falling towards the water. If mom would have lightened up on me enough to let me have swimming lessons I would have been ok. But Oh no, I wasn’t allowed to learn how to swim. As I felt myself sinking deeper into the Ocean I saw an image of a boy in my mind. Laughing, smiling. I wanted so badly to reach out and touch him. The voice from my dream entered my mind again.

“Upon her 16th year, the child will come to know power, truest of loves and purest of evils. Her true path begins at midnight”.
More images passed through my mind as I sank. A shadowed figure of a woman, a locket shaped like a star. And blood in a vial. Arms locked around me and I felt myself pulled upright towards the light and the surface of the water.

“Throw me a rope!”
My father called as I started coughing gasping for air. My vision was blurred but I could make out the worried looks on my mom, Amanda and even Henry’s faces. Dad tied the rope around me tight and looked up towards them again.
“Pull her up”.
As they started to pull me from the water, Dad grabbed onto the side of the ship and climbed up like a pro. Once I was on the ship again mom hugged me tight tears in her eyes. Amanda had tears too as she hugged me.

“Jesus Christ! You scared the hell out of me”.
Henry huffed taking a breath and placing his hand over his heart. I looked up at Mom and smiled hugging her.
“Did you know Jack Sparrow is a real Pirate?”
I said the only thing that came to mind. Though I wanted to tell her about the images that came into my mind when I was drowning, and about the weird ominous prophecy I kept hearing. But I knew it would just make her freak out more.

“You almost died! And all you can do is talking about Jack Sparrow?”
Dad gaped at me. I smiled at him.
“I find him fascinating”.
Dad face palmed.
“Ok, we need to do something about your taste in men”.
Mom laughed helping me up.
“Well not all Pirates are bad”.
She looked at him. Henry gaged rolling his eyes and going back inside. Amanda laughed taking my hand.
“Come on honey, let’s get you dried off”.

I followed Amanda below deck to the cabins. Once I was dried off and changed I sat down on her bed.
“If I tell you something, will you promise not to tell mom and dad?”
Amanda grinned at me.
“Twins honor”.
She said crossing her heart. I smiled at her knowing that if I could trust anyone with these strange visions and the weird prophecy I kept hearing in my dreams and just down during my near death experience. It was my twin sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3