Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter Fifteen Pan’s vow

Chapter Fifteen
Pan’s vow
~Peter~

I leaned back against the wall as Krissi’s head rested in my lap. Petting her hair I watched her as she slept, I had never felt this way about anyone in my life. Not even Rumple’s mother. My connection to Krissi was like something forged by the stars, I couldn’t even explain that higher power that gave me life again and showed me Krissi’s image letting me know that she was my salvation. I lifted my gaze from Krissi as Rumple entered the captions cabin again.
He looked at me but didn’t speak, I knew things would never be good between us. I betrayed him and he killed me, though I had to admit if he hadn’t I probably would have never found Krissi. I looked down at her as she slept holding my other hand in hers.
“What’s in Dead Man’s cove that your heart is wanting?”

I asked looking at Rumple, I knew all about Sparrow’s compass pointing to what the heart wants. Rumple looked back at me.
“Maleficent I’m assuming”.
He said as he faced the window watching the setting sun. I narrowed my eyes at him.
“You’re taking Krissi right to her?”
Rumple didn’t take his eyes away from the window.
“I’m going to confront her, find out why she sent Krissi here”.
I rolled my eyes slumping back into the wall.
“I’m sure she’ll tell you all about her diabolical plain”.

I said sarcastically. Rumple rounded on me but I didn’t meet his eyes.
“You could have just let her go then, like you did with me”.
I looked at Rumple smirking at him.
“And you could have let her go like you did with Balefire”.
Krissi shifted in her sleep, I knew she was sensing the tension in the room. I laced my fingers with hers looking down at her.
“I’m not the man I was Rumple, I was reborn for a reason and that reason is Krissi, I know it doesn’t erase the past but if we keep fighting we’ll only end up hurting her”.

Rumple smirked at me.
“What are you proposing? A truce?”
I smirked at him shaking my head.
“Not at all, I wouldn’t trust you if my life depended on it and I know you’d say the same about me. But we need to do our best to co-exist for Krissi’s sake, put her needs before our own”.
Rumple turned back towards the window.
“As long as we agree this changes nothing between us”.

I looked at him.
“You’ve made it very clear nothing will change things between us”.
Rumple was about to speak when Krissi’s eyes started to open. She smiled at me and I returned her smile brushing her hair from her eyes. She sat up sighing lightly and I could tell by the look in her eyes she had been dreaming, I wrapped my arms around her bringing her in.
“What happened?”

She slipped her arms around me easily resting her head on my shoulder.
“I had a dream about my mom, she was looking for me scared out of her mind. No matter how much I called out to her she couldn’t hear me or see me. I know she’s worried about me, I can feel it. Mom and I were always kind of connected”.

I frowned at her worriedly as I dried her tears.
“She’s probably looking for a way to get to you now”.
Krissi looked at me smiling a little.
“Yeah, it’s nice to think that anyway”.
I brought Krissi to her feet leading her out of the cabin. She smiled looking up at the night sky, I knew she loved the night much more than the day. She had this mystical romantic energy about her that revolved around the moon. She walked to the railing looking up at the stars, I followed her slipping my arms around her waist as I looked up at the sky.

“I know she didn’t act like it when we told her the truth about us, but your mom loves you Krissi”.
She looked back at me and smiled.
“Why are you defending her?”
I turned Krissi around so she was facing me.
“Because I gave her every reason in the world to hate me Krissi, The man I was before you, I was a monster Krissi”.
She cupped her hands against my jawline and I saw a world of love reflected in her eyes, love I didn’t deserve in the slightest but I was glad she loved me because I loved her. I placed my hands over hers.

“I love you Krissi Jones”.
She smiled at me as the tears of joy came to her eyes.
“I love you too Peter Pan”.
She leaned in and I pressed my lips to hers holding her close to me. This was what it felt like to be complete, to be happy inside and never want time to change. I never wanted to be without Krissi. The sound of a pistol firing shattered the perfect silence around us and I felt Krissi’s body slump. My eyes widened as she dropped to the ground.

“Krissi!”
I dropped down taking her into my arms, her shoulder was bleeding.
“My next shot goes through her skull!”
I lifted my eyes to Jack Sparrow as he stood on the railing of the ship holding his pistol out at us. He jumped down from the ledge.
“Did you forget already? I’m Caption Jack Sparrow”.
My eyes narrowed at him as I held Krissi in my arms. Jack smirked aiming his pistol at me.
“Now, I’ll be taking back my ship, Pan. You and your girlfriend can either bleed to death on the deck or you can drown. How will you choose to die?”
Krissi looked between Jack and I as I kept her in my arms.

“You think you can kill us Sparrow? We’re immortal”.
Jack smirked pressing the barrel of his pistol to my forehead.
“We’ll see how a bullet through the skull effects your immortality then won’t we Pan”.
It had been awhile since I used magic on anyone, for the most part I was holding back for Krissi’s sake. I didn’t want to be that guy any more. But Sparrow had this coming. Sparrow flew backwards as I thrust my palm out at him. I stood narrowing my eyes at him.
“I’ve had enough games Jack! Trying to kill the woman I love is a sure way to get on my bad side”.

Jack sprang to his feet drawing his sword.
“Hide behind your magic then Pan! See what good it does you”.
I held my hand out at him again ready to strike, the ropes came down wrapping around Jack tightly binding his arms at his sides and pulling him up so he was upside-down. It was at that time that Rumple emerged from the cabin, I turned away from Jack as he swung from side to side like the idiot he was.

“Krissi”.
I kneeled down to her checking her shoulder.
“What happened?”
Rumple asked as he approached us.
“Sparrow shot her”.
I scooped Krissi up in my arms carrying her back towards the cabin leaving Rumple to deal with Sparrow. Krissi winced as I removed the bullet from her shoulder and did my best to stop the bleeding. Krissi looked back at me.

“You used your magic, you haven’t used any magic since we came together”.
I nodded to her.
“I know, I kind of wanted to leave that behind. I haven’t always used my magic for the best reasons. But after he shot you, all I could think about is what I would have done before we met. I didn’t come anywhere close to doing that so, I tied him up instead”.

I bandaged her shoulder for her slipping my arms around her I placed a light kiss on the top of her shoulder drawing her back into me.
“He tried to kill you, it took everything in me not to kill him for that”.
I whispered, Krissi placed her hands over mine leaning back into me. I looked at her.
“I know your prince charming isn’t meant to kill, I want to be the best person possible for you. Even if it means turning my back on revenge”.

She placed her hand against my cheek looking into my eyes.
“Peter, you’re not a monster anymore, you proved that tonight when Jack shot me and you didn’t kill him. If only my family had been here to see this change in you. They would understand why I love you”.
I rested my forehead to hers closing my eyes.
“All I want is a life with you, even though I don’t deserve it”.
I cupped my hand over hers looking into her eyes.
“Somewhere someone knew I needed you and you needed me. Whoever that is, I owe them everything”.
Krissi smiled at me.

“Me too”.
I pressed my lips against hers holding her against me glad she was alive still. Some darker part of me wanted to kill Sparrow still for shooting her. But I couldn’t turn my back on Krissi, I couldn’t go back to the person I use to be. The door to the cabin opened and Rumple walked in.
“When you two are finished, we’ve arrived at the cove”.
Rumple said looking between us, Krissi looked at him getting to her feet.
“What’s here anyway?”
Rumple narrowed his eyes slightly.
“Maleficent, I believe this is where she is or where she’s going to be, I need to confront her about this”.

Krissi stood looking at Rumple.
“No, I need to confront her about this. I’m the one she sent here, I’m the one she claims is her enemy”.
Krissi hung her head.
“And I think she’s done something to Aurora and Philip. They were going back to the enchanted forest for reasons they wouldn’t explain not even to Brier. I think that I’m the one who needs to face Maleficent head on”.

I stood taking her hand in mine.
“Krissi, you’re not going in alone”.
Krissi turned to me lacing her fingers with mine smiling up at me.
“I know, we’ll go in together”.
She looked back to Rumple.
“You don’t have to come if you don’t want to”.
Rumple nodded.
“I’m coming, but we can’t leave the ship with Sparrow around”.
I looked between the two of them.

“Explain this to me again, why am I rowing this boat into dead man’s cove and not back on my ship?”
Sparrow said narrowing his eyes at Rumple, Krissi and I. Rumple smirked at him.
“Because we know better than to trust you and leave you alone on the ship, you’d take off without us and leave us stranded”.
Jack smirked at his response.
“Yes, but that doesn’t explain why I’m doing anything for the three people I hate most”.
Krissi narrowed her eyes at him.
“You don’t even know me”.
Jack looked at her.
“No, but I know your father! He tried to kill me for borrowing his ship”.

Krissi shook her head lightly.
“The way my father tells it, you stole his ship”.
“Stole, borrowed who remembers anymore it was so long ago”.
Krissi rolled her eyes.
“It isn’t like your father never stole anything in his life. Rumple here can tell you all about that”.
Rumple narrowed his eyes at Jack and when Jack tried to speak again no sound came out of his mouth. I looked from Jack to Rumple who grinned at him.

“You’re here to row not to talk”.
Jack narrowed his eyes at Rumple as he continued to row towards dead man’s cove in silence. Krissi’s grip on my hand got tighter as we got closer to the cove, I knew she was scared but I wasn’t going to let anything happen to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3