Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter Seventeen Escape from Dead Man’s cove

Chapter Seventeen
Escape from Dead Man’s cove

Rumple forced Jack to walk along in front of us, his wrists shackled together. I walked behind them with Peter.
“Wait!”
Jack called out looking back at us.
“What if someone steals the row boat, I think I should wait by the boat so no one steals it, I can be very intimidating”.

Rumple narrowed his eyes at Jack.
“The boat is tied off, and no one is going to steal it because I put a spell on it”.
Jack looked at Rumple.
“Well, you’ve thought of everything haven’t you”?
He huffed continuing to walk again. I looked over at Peter holding his hand in mine feeling kind of nervous about this whole thing. Confronting someone who very much wanted me dead.
“Wait!”
Jack called out again and we stopped, Rumple narrowed his eyes at Jack who turned to him raising a finger in the air.

“What about mermaids? Someone needs to fight off the mermaids! And I’m no expert but I think the best bate for a mermaid is a dashing looking pirate like myself”.
I rolled my eyes shaking my head.
“One more word out of you and I’ll feed you to the sharks”.
Rumple hissed at him forcing him forwards again. Peter shook his head walking after them.
“Pirate’s never change”.
I smiled up at him as we walked together.
“You did, maybe there is hope for Jack too”.

Jack looked back at me.
“Why don’t we test that theory? You know Missi I’ve always liked you”.
I rolled my eyes.
“It’s Krissi and you just said you hated me like five seconds ago in the boat”.
Jack shook his head.
“Missi, Krissi, whatever. The point is, you are a vision of beauty and I misjudged you, clearly you are a girl who has her head on straight and I think it is an insult to Lissi”.
“Krissi”.
I corrected him quickly. Jack nodded.
“Right, Krissi if we don’t trust her judgment and believe in the kindness of Jack Sparrow”.

Rumple made a piece of fabric appear and used it to gag Jack so he couldn’t speak anymore.
“Now start walking!”
Rumple shoved Jack forwards but Jack continued to mutter under the gag. As we made our way deeper into the cove the air started to get colder and thicker with a black mist. I wasn’t sure if it was because of Maleficent or something else. As we reached the depths of the cove gold chains shot out of the walls wrapping around Peter, Rumple and Jack pulling them back into the wall binding them.

“Krissi run!”
Peter called out to me, I turned to go to him and find some way of freeing him but a hand closed around my throat before I could move.
“That really isn’t a good idea”.
A smooth voice like velvet spoke from above me, I lifted my eyes to the pail skinned dark haired blue eyed man who stood over me with an evil grin on his lips.
“Maleficent delivered on her promise, I guess now the world you were born to protect is falling into chaos”.

“Get away from her!”
Peter growled trying to fight to me, the man smirked looking back over his shoulder releasing my throat as he approached Peter.
“Ah, the boy who never wanted to grow up, amazing how you’ve aged though Pan. Thinking about someone other than yourself”.
I looked between them.
“Too bad your princess belongs to me now”.
Peter narrowed his eyes at the strange man who stood over him.
“Over my dead body”.

The man laughed.
“That can be arranged”.
“I second that, in fact! Why not let me kill him for you”.
The man looked back towards Jack narrowing his eyes slightly.
“Who are you?”
Jack smiled at him.
“Caption Jack Sparrow, But I am willing to add “assassin” to that title if it means I can kill him, and this one here. See they stole my ship and I think it’s only fair that I be the one to kill them”.
The man rolled his eyes turning away from Jack.
“I have no use for scum like you, you’re just a lost soul”.
“Actually cursed, I’m a cursed soul. Come to think of it I could start calling myself Caption of cursed souls”.

Jack grinned at him.
“But enough about me why don’t you tell me about yourself”.
The man narrowed his eyes at Jack approaching him.
“Do you ever shut up?”
Jack looked up at him.
“I only think it’s fair if you’re going to kill a man you should at least tell that man your name”.
The man crossed his arms as he stood facing Jack. I took this chance to make my way to Peter trying to find some way to free him from the chains.
“Thanatos! I am Thanatos god of the dead! And I suggest you shut your mouth before I kill you instead”.

Jack raised an eyebrow at Thanatos.
“I thought Hades was the god of death, how can he be the god of death if you’re the god of death. Or here’s a better question, is there a caption of death? Because I think that would really suite me just perfectly”.
Thanatos growled with frustration while I used fire to melt the chains so they would fall away from Peter’s body. Once he was freed Peter took me in his arms and hid with me in the shadows. Thanatos ran his hand back through his hair looking back to see Peter and I were missing.
“Where did they go?”
“Probably making out somewhere, Kids today”.

Jack said looking at Thanatos.
“They’re just so hormonal. Youth is wasted on the young”.
Thanatos looked at Rumple narrowing his eyes.
“Does he ever shut up?”
Rumple smirked at him.
“No, I’m pretty sure if you killed him his corps would start rambling”.
Thanatos drew his sword holding it to Jack’s throat.
“Let’s find out”.
Jack looked up at Thanatos raising his chin.
“Go ahead, set me free from my curse, Aphrodite would love that”.
Thanatos lowered his sword and narrowed his eyes at Jack.
“What does she have to do with anything?”

Jack sighed.
“It’s a tragic tale, Me being the gentlemen I am agreed to accept the advances of a young goddess and spent a night of passion with her, however as I was leaving another Goddess seemed to show interest in me and it would have been rude of me to ignore her advances as well. What I didn’t know was that the second goddess was the sister of the first goddess who happened to be Aphrodite who as payment for my “betrayal” trapped me here in this never changing world”
Thanatos rubbed his temples as Jack rambled on. I moved quickly with Peter across to Rumple using my magic to melt the chains away from Rumple. We again hid in the shadows and Jack continued to distract Thanatos.

Jack looked at him with a grin.
“Has anyone ever told you you’re a horrible villain?”
At those words Jack kicked Thanatos in the stomach making him drop his sword, Jack catching the sword used it to slice through the pad lock of his chains and free himself. He turned jumping onto a rock looking at Thanatos.

“Alas this is the day you shall always remember as the day you almost caught Caption Jack Sparrow”.
With a tip of his hat he took off, Rumple, Peter and I knew he was going to take the ship if we didn’t follow him. But Thanatos was standing in our path. Rumple looked at Peter and I.
“I’ll distract him”.
He moved fast with his magic and soon he and Thanatos were locked in a duel of their own. Peter took my hand and we ran as fast as we could. Jack was trying to get the row boat to move without us in it but he wasn’t having much luck. I turned to see Rumple coming after us glad he was alright. We jumped into the boat and it started to move once we were all in. Jack looked at the three of us.

“You’re welcome”.
Peter narrowed his eyes at Jack.
“For what? You were going to leave us stranded if the boat wasn’t enchanted”.
Jack narrowed his eyes at Peter.
“Jack Sparrow never leaves a man behind”.
We all looked at each other knowing he was full of it. If Rumple hadn’t charmed this boat we would have been trapped here. Rumple narrowed his eyes at Jack once we were back on the ship.
“Take Sparrow to the brig”.
He ordered the crew, Jack looked at him with narrowed eyes.
“You can’t send me to the brig I’m sending you to the brig!”

The crew members grabbed Jack and forced him below towards the brig. I sighed lightly looking to Rumple and Peter.
“What was all that about? And why was Thanatos in that cove and not Maleficent”.
Rumple turned to me.
“She’s obviously made a pact with him and traded in you the one person who could appose her for infinite power”.
I frowned at him.
“What does that mean?”
Peter took me in his arms.
“It means as long as we’re trapped here you can’t stop her from doing whatever she wants in the mortal world”.

Rumple moved past us.
“We need to break out of this cage if you have any hope of saving Story Brook and the world around it”.
I looked at Rumple feeling the tears come to my eyes.
“Mom and the others are in serious trouble we need to get out of here, we need Jack Sparrow”.
Peter and Rumple looked at me narrowing their eyes.

“What?”
They both said at the same time. I looked between them.
“Jack may be annoying and self-centered, untrustworthy and downright mean at times but we need his help if we are ever going to get out of here”.

I looked to Rumple frowning at him.
“You want to get back to Belle and the baby before she has it right?”
Rumple didn’t speak but he gave a nod, I turned to Peter.
“And I’m sure Felix is really worried about you”.
Peter sighed shaking his head.
“Where ever you go I go”.
He took my hand in his. I smiled at him lacing my fingers with his.
“Then we need to work together to get out of this mess and stop Maleficent once and for all”.
The three of us made our way down to the brig were Jack was sitting, he looked out from the bars at us.

“Now what? Come to try and stop me from tunneling out of my prison cell?”
Rumple narrowed his eyes at Jack.
“If you cut a hole in the ship it will sink then you won’t have a ship anymore”.
Jack threw the wooden spoon aside.
“Didn’t think of that”.
I walked up to the bars looking at him and giving a smile.
“Jack, we want to work with you and get out of this realm once and for all”.

Jack smirked at me getting to his feet.
“Do you now, well my assistance doesn’t come cheap”.
He leaned on the bars looking down at me.
“What are you thinking in ways of payment?”
Peter got between me and Jack narrowing his eyes at him.
“You get to keep your life”.
I held Peter’s hand in mine as Jack smiled at him.
“She really means something to you doesn’t she Pan? That makes vengeance against you so much easier for someone like me”.

Rumple kept his eyes narrowed at Jack.
“Forget him Krissi, he’s obviously not the Pirate you thought he was”.
Peter kept his eyes narrowed at Jack without words he led me away from the brig.
“Keep an eye on her Pan, lots of people want to hurt you”.
Jack called after us, I sighed hugging onto Peter’s arm as we stood together, Rumple made his way back into the caption’s cabin. Peter looked down at me.
“Seems my loving you only puts you in more danger, Sparrow was right about that”.
He pulled me into a hug and I slipped my arms around him.

“Which means I have to fight a whole lot harder to keep you protected, I won’t let anyone take you from me Krissi. Even if Maleficent sold you to Thanatos for power. I won’t let him take you”.
I looked up at him as he smoothed his hand over my cheek.
“Just promise me we’ll always be together”.
I laced my fingers with his smiling at him.

“I promise”.
I didn’t know how we were going to get out of this place, how we were going to get back to Story Brook or how we were going to deal with Thanatos who I was sure would be coming after us since we escaped him. But I did know that I would never stop fighting to be with Peter and he felt the same way about me too.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3