Sequel: Out of the Dark
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Enchanted

Chapter Five Thief part one

Chapter Five
Thief part one

“Magic isn’t about what you say, it’s about what you feel”. Rumple explained as I sat on a rock watching him closely. He turned towards me holding out his hand.
“Emotions and magic are greatly entwined, if you want something bad enough it will happen through magic”.

I nodded watching as a flame appeared in his palm he smiled at me.
“Fire is the most chaotic element and the hardest to control because it is so Intune with emotion”.
He closed his hand and the flames vanished like they were never there.
“That is why, we are going to start with fire. Someone who feels as deeply as you do should be able to ignite a powerful flame”.

Standing I opened my palm and right away a flame shot up from my hand, it was brilliant and bright but was gone as fast as it came. Rumple shook his head.
“Don’t be scared of it, fear in some cases can amplify magic but when it is the user who feels fear, the magic retracts within again”.
I frowned a bit.
“So if someone else is scared the fire gets more intense because it feeds off that persons fear. But if I get scared, the fire dies out because my magic is protecting me?”
Rumple nodded.
“Exactly, try again”.

I closed my eyes giving a light sigh. This time I felt the flame shoot up from my palm, when I opened my eyes the fire was floating through the air doing circles around me. I smiled holding out my hand again and the flames returned vanishing into my palm.
“I’ve never seen someone’s magic having an emotional reaction to its owner. It was like your magic was happy to see you”.

I smiled at Rumple clasping my hands behind my back.
“Maybe my magic was happy to see me, I mean nothings impossible right?”
Rumple walked with me back towards the town.
“Magic has limitations though we have yet to find your limitations”.
I smiled at him as we made our way towards town, I was looking forward to seeing what I could do once we got beyond my element training. But I knew Rumple was going to take things slow with me since I was only a beginner no matter how strong my magic was. As we arrived in town everyone was gathered outside of the pawn shop.

Rumple’s eyes narrowed and he moved ahead of me towards my mom and Grandpa.
“What’s going on?”
Mom looked at him.
“Someone broke into the pawn shop, we don’t know who it was or what they took”.
Mom said, but it was all I heard of the conversation since they walked inside while talking. With a light sigh I turned to leave the crime scene stopping in my tracks as I came face to face with Malory Bishop the woman from the town meeting. She was wearing the normal nun uniform like all the other fairies did.
“What happened here?”
She asked looking towards the pawn shop. I shook my head lightly.
“Someone broke in”.
Malory looked at me and smiled.
“Did they take anything good?”

I raised my eyebrows at her.
“Aren’t you supposed to be a nun?”
She gave a light laugh as she shook her head crossing her arms.
“Wow you take things way too seriously, lighten up”.
She smiled at me.
“You’ll live longer”.
I watched as she walked away to join the other nuns who were leaving Granny’s. I shook my head, there was definitely something wrong with that girl. I looked around noticing I was alone and smiled to myself making my way into the alleyway before sitting down on a crate and taking out the compact mirror I kept with me. It had been a couple weeks since Peter and I started talking, I didn’t feel as alone as I use to. I waited a moment before his face appeared in the mirror.

“Krissi? Is everything ok?”
I nodded smiling at him.
“I had to show someone”.
I held the mirror up and back a bit so he could see my open palm, the flame shot up from my hand and I beamed grinning like a kid on Christmas. Peter laughed.
“Wow! Look at you, should I start calling you Pyro?”
I giggled letting the flame die.
“I had to show someone. You’re the only one who seems interested in my magic”.
Peter shook his head lightly.
“I don’t know how the people in, what’s the name of that town?”
“Story Brook”.

Peter nodded.
“Right, Story Brook could possibly ignore you”.
I sighed bringing one knee to my chest as I leaned back on the wall. Smiling at him.
“Well around here being magic isn’t exactly rare, there are three other people in town who have magic and their good. One of them is my mom”.
Peter smiled at me.
“Right, Emma?”
I nodded to him.
“Yeah, she’s a cool mom but sometimes, I just feel like I belong on another planet”.
“I understand”.
Peter said giving me a sympathetic look.
“People just don’t understand your sense of Adventure”.

He grinned, I smiled at him.
“Exactly! I mean I don’t know why it’s such a shock, my dad being who he is”.
Peter sighed shaking his head.
“It’s a shame he keeps you locked up in that town when he’s had tons of adventures of his own”.
I nodded.
“Exactly! You understand me better than anyone, and we’ve only met through a mirror”.
“We’re kindred spirits Krissi, meant for great things. I’m sure once you find a way to release me. We will have adventure of our own”.
I smiled at him liking the way that sounded, I looked up sensing someone lingering in the shadows.

“What’s wrong?”
Peter asked looking worried. I shook my head.
“I thought someone was watching me”.
“Krissi?”
I looked down the end of the alleyway seeing Regina smiling at me. My eyes darted back to Peter.
“See you later”.
He whispered before his image was gone. I closed the compact and walked towards her.
“Hey Regina”.
I hugged her, she smiled walking with me.
“I was just on my way to Granny’s for lunch would you like to join me?”
I smiled at her giving a nod.
“Sure be nice to hang out with someone in this world”.

Regina raised an eyebrow at me.
“I mean, someone real, I’m such a loner I have invisible friends from other planets”.
I groaned inwardly listening to how pathetic I sounded. But I didn’t want to tell anyone about Peter, part because I kind of liked him and the other part was because he wasn’t physically here yet. I wanted him to meet my parents and loved ones just not through a mirror. Regina shook her head as we walked into Granny’s together.
“Being popular is over rated trust me”.
I smiled sitting across from her resting my arms on the table.
“Why aren’t you spending time with Amanda?”

Regina asked as she opened the menu in front of her. I shrugged.
“She’s got her own crowd at school this year, they’re going to an Avenged Sevenfold concert this weekend so she’s out of town”.
Regina looked at me.
“Don’t you like them too?”
I shrugged.
“Well yeah, but I don’t fit in with her friends and they didn’t exactly ask me to go with them”.
Regina shook her head.
“Amazing, your own twin sister”.
I smiled at her.
“It’s ok, it’s high school, she deserves to have a normal high school experience, with a freak for a sister it has to be hard for her”.

Regina narrowed her eyes slightly.
“Don’t call yourself that, you are gifted Krissi”.
“Hey what can I get you?”
Ruby smiled coming over to our table. Regina ordered for us and we talked more, it felt good to talk to someone who wasn’t inside a mirror though, Peter made me feel completely different inside. He was all I thought about, all I dreamed about. After having lunch with Regina I started for home.

My thoughts fixed on Peter and how I was going to free him from the realm he was trapped in. I didn’t want him to be trapped there for long but I had to get through element training before I could learn any other magic. I felt the shadows around me shift and paused turning around, that feeling of being watched came over me again. As I turned around I was face to face with a guy in a hood. He slammed a rock across my head and everything around me went dark.

When I opened my eyes my head was killing me, my wrists bound in front of me by rope, my ankles were also bound together and duct tape was placed across my mouth. I winced forcing myself to sit up looking around the abandoned cabin. Footsteps thumped across the floor boards as I lifted my eyes to the cloaked figure again. A slight smirk on his lips.
“Emma Swans daughter, why would he communicate with you?”
I narrowed my tear filled eyes at him not knowing what he was talking about. He crouched down to my level cupping my chin examining my face.
“It could be because of your looks, if you weren’t so plain”.

I kept my eyes narrowed at him feeling the tears rolling down my cheeks.
“You’re going to find a way for me to talk to him”.
He stood walking over to the table where my bag was taking out the compact mirror. That was when I realized he was talking about Peter. I turned my head away as he crouched down ripping the tape off my mouth. I yelped in pain.
“Now, talk to him”.
He placed the compact in my hands.
“I don’t know who you’re talking about”.
I lied not wanting to expose Peter to someone like this. His eyes narrowed at me.

“Are you lying to me now?”
He growled slamming his fist across my face. I fell sideways yelping in pain. The compact fell out of my hand sliding across the floor. My kidnapper stood grabbing me by my arm and pulling me up over his shoulders.
“I have other ways of getting what I want out of you”.
He carried me into the bathroom, I noticed the bathtub was full of water. I looked at him as he sat me down again.
“Now, are you going to do what I want?”
I narrowed my eyes at him.
“Right, you want me to use a mirror to contact someone. That’s not going to happen because it’s not possible”.

He smirked grabbing me by my hair and forcing me head under water. I couldn’t breathe having flash backs of when I was drowning. I struggled as hard as I could but nothing I did got him off of me. He pulled me up after far too long and I gasped for air heaving and choking as he dropped me I slumped on the floor narrowing my eyes at him.

“You going to do what I want? Or am I going to have to drown you permanently”?
“Who are you? Why are you doing this?”
He grabbed me by my hair again and I knew what was coming.
“Alright!”
I cried closing my eyes, he let go of my hair looking down at me.
“You’ll do what I told you?”
I nodded. He left the room coming back with the compact He placed it in my hands and I struggled to open it. Once it was open it took a few seconds before Peter’s image appeared his eyes widened in horror at me.

“Krissi? What’s happened?”
Before I could speak my kidnapper took the mirror from my hands.
“It is you”.
He smirked to himself.
“Felix! What are you doing to her?”
Peter sounded angry. I looked at Felix as he walked from the room with the compact. I slumped back into the wall still tied up tears rolling down my cheeks. Felix came back into the room with the closed compact in his hand.

“Time to get comfortable, you aren’t going anywhere”.
He put the compact in his pocket and brought me upright hoisting me over his shoulder again carrying me towards one of the bedrooms.
“What are you doing? Let me go!”
Felix smirked at me dropping me on one of the old rikedie beds.
“Some one of your power is a prize of its own”.

He smirked. I narrowed my eyes at him feeling the tears burning in my eyes.
“You belong to him now”.
He pulled the door closed and I heard it lock once he was outside. I didn’t understand what was happening here, who was Felix and how did he know Peter? I was scared out of my mind and all I wanted to do was talk to Peter.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3