Angel From My Nightmare

The Angel and the Human

A while later

“Jackkkk, can I take it off yet?” Alex whined.
“No hold on, we’re not there yet” Jack laughed.
Jack had a little surprise for Alex but he wasn’t impressed about having to wear the blindfold.
“Can you hurry up?” Alex asked.
“Then you can explain to the nice police officer why I was speeding because you can’t wear a blindfold for a few more minutes”
Alex huffed at this and Jack just laughed. A few minutes later and Alex felt them come to a stop, the engine turned off, they had arrived.
“Now?” Alex asked.
“Hold on”
Jack got out of the car and walked around to Alex’s side, he helped the blindfolded boy out of the car and pulled him around so he stood in front of the building they’d come to see.
“Okay now” Jack unties the blindfold and let it fall from Alex’s eyes. Alex blinks through the bright sunlight for a second before the house before him comes into focus, he knows this place, this is his house, his home.
“Why have you brought me here?” Alex asked.
“Well you said that you never really died so to your family you’re still alive...”
“My family...”
Alex turned to face Jack, more glee spread across his face.
“My Family” he whispered, tears build up in eyes. To Alex he watched his family greave over him for three years and now none of that was real.
“Come on” Jack grabbed Alex’s hand and led him up the porch steps to his own house. Jack knocked on the door and they waited, Alex holding tightly onto Jack’s hand. There was a click from behind the door and Alex’s breath hitched, the door opened and a woman was standing there. Jack barely saw her before Alex had engulfed her in a giant hug.
“Alex, baby, what’s wrong?” she asked, as her son cried on her shoulder. The British accent had caught Jack by surprise, Alex had never said.
“Nothing... Nothing I’m just happy to see you” he smiled, wiping his tears away on his sleeve.
“Strange boy” She ruffled his hair and Alex just couldn’t stop smiling, he was finally home where he belonged.
“Sorry, I didn’t catch your name?” Jack looked up only just realising that Alex’s mum was talking to him.
“Jack”
“Come on”
Alex reached for Jack’s hand and pulled him inside.
“It’s nice to meet you Mrs Gaskarth” Jack said.
“Isobel please” she said.
“Is Dad home?” Alex asked.
“Well I was just putting lunch out, would you boys like to stay?”
“Thanks Mum” Alex kissed her on the cheek and pulled me through the house. Alex took Jack through into a large dining room where a man was sat at one end of the table reading a newspaper.
“Dad!” Alex run up to him and gave him a hug.
“Woah son, what’s with you?” Mr Gaskarth asked, as Alex’s tightly hugged him around his broad shoulders.
“Just happy to see you”
“Well it’s good to see you too” Mr Gaskarth also spoke with an English accent and Jack wondered what Alex would sound like if he did too, he tried not to let the thought make his knees go weak.
Jack sat with Alex and his family as they ate lunch, he listened to them tell stories about their lives. Jack learnt at how Alex’s family had moved from England when Alex was 7 and how they’ve lived in Baltimore ever since. Jack loved the feeling of being with a family again; it was something he’d been missing for some time and as happy as he felt sitting with Alex and his family it did make him miss his mum.
“Jack, you okay?” Alex asked, noting the boys silence.
“Yeah, yeah, I’m okay”
“Come on, I’ll take you up to my room”
Alex carefully took Jack’s hand and let him upstairs, he might be 21 but Alex but as well be 16 at least that’s how he acted as he brought Jack up to his bedroom. The large rooms walls was covered in band posters, Blink 182, Green Day and Yellowcard, with cds scattered about the place and even a guitar lent against the wall in the corner. Jack just smiled and sat down on Alex’s big double bed.
“What’s wrong Jacky?” Alex asked, sitting down beside him and wrapping his arm around Jack’s skinny frame.
“I miss my mum” Jack said, his voice small as he pulled his legs up to his chest.
“Aw Jacky, I can help with that”
“How?” Jack asked, his voice muffled from where his buried in Alex’s side.
“I had to go to Heaven, part of the whole becoming an Angel deal. Why I was there a short woman with dark greying hair and beautiful dark brown eyes came to me and whispered into my ear. She said, tell him I love him very much”
“S...She said that?”
“Yes, she wanted you to know that she’s watching you and that she wants you to be happy”
“I love you Alex” Jack said, placing kisses down Alex’s neck.
“No Jack stop, that tickles!” Alex cried as Jack continued to kiss his neck.
“I know” Jack laughed.
“Jack stoppp, you’ll make my wings appear and won’t be awaked if my mum walks in” Alex said.
“Don’t care” Jack muttered in between kisses. Jack hands wrapped around Alex’s waist pulling him over till he was on Jack’s lap, Alex tangled his fingers through Jack’s messy hair as they kissed, each one passionate and sloppy but perfect that they almost.. Almost didn’t notice Alex’s new wings appearing.
“I’m going to have to get the hang of this” Alex muttered, as his pure white wings wrapped around them.
“No, I like them. It’s like some weird kind of Angel boner”
“Jack!”
They both burst out laughing; only Jack could make a dick joke out of Angels. After their teenage like make out session Jack laid cuddled up with Alex, lying with his head on the boys chest; the sound of Alex’s heart beating still made Jack feel calm.
“’Lex, can I ask you something?”
“Sure”
“What are we?”
“A human and an Angel, if you want to be technical about it”
“No, I mean, are you my boyfriend?”
“Well that depends, do you want me to be? Also do you want the world to end?”
“What?”
“Remember I said, if we’re not together we could literally tear the world apart” Alex said.
“Oh yeah, who gave us that kind of power?”
“Someone who doesn’t know us very well obviously, but to answer your question Jacky; I’ll be anything you want”
“Guess you’re my boyfriend then”
“Guess I am”
Alex gave Jack one last kiss on top his head as both drifted to sleep, still wrapped together with Alex’s wings. They were safe together, with Alex Jack felt like he had somewhere to go and with Jack Alex knew he did. No one knew where they could end up, the Angel and the human, together at last.
Alex and Jack, the only human and Angel couple there has ever been, because they’re the only ones who could make it work. No one else could walk away from Death; no one else could bend to world just so they could be together. One thing’s for sure, no one will doubt the power of love ever again.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's it guys, I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I've loved writing it! I've very busy at the moment but I will continue writing soon, maybe even a squeal for this if you'd be up for it? <3 xxx