Angel From My Nightmare

Death Of You

“I don’t understand how you can really be dead, I mean you’re here I can see you, I can even touch you”
Jack pressed his hand against Alex’s, feeling his cold skin on his.
“I don’t really know, whatever it is it’s got something to do with you. I didn’t even realise you could touch me... It wasn’t until the other day when you came here in the middle of the night and you looked on the verge of breaking down I took a chance and gave you a hug”
“You risked revelling yourself just to give me a hug?” Jack asked.
“Pretty much” Alex admitted.
“Oh... I’m still having so much trouble getting my head around this, how do I know I didn’t just pass out somewhere and this is fact some alcohol inflicted dream?”
“I spouse you don’t, you just have to trust me”
“I do... I think I do, oh I don’t know! This all sounds so crazy, am I crazy?” Jack buried his face in his hands, nothing was making sense in his head anymore.
“You’re not crazy Jack. I am dead, you are the only one who can see me and for some reason something is pulling us together, but no you’re are definitely not crazy”
“It’s just so hard to believe! How would you feel if I suddenly told you I was dead?” Jack asked.
“I’d say, welcome to the club”
“Alex, not helping! How can you be dead though? You’re so... alive”
“Give me your hand” Alex took Jack hand in his and pressed in over where his heart should be beating but it was silent, his whole body was stone cold just like you’d expect a ghost’s to be.
“I can’t do this Alex... I need some time to think about this, to feel less crazy”
“Okay... I mean I understand, it’s a lot to take in and it’s probably best to do that on your own time it’s just...”
“It’s just what Alex?”
“It’s just when you’re not here I’m on my own again” Alex looked so god damn sad that Jack just wanted to take him with him.
“I’ll be back okay? I’ll come back for you” Jack wasn’t sure whether it was a lie or not, this whole thing seemed so crazy half of him wanted to run and never go anywhere near this cemetery or Alex again and the other part just couldn’t get over that maybe Alex was telling the truth.
“Okay, I’ll be here” Alex smiled, and Jack smiled back slightly before walking away and getting back to his car.

Jack refused to let himself think of Alex till he was back to his apartment, he wanted to keep his car on the road. Stepping through into his apartment he collapsed on his bed and stared up at the ceiling.
“What the fuck has happened to me?” Jack asked to the empty room. The idea that ghosts could be real was hard enough to believe but for Alex to be one... Surely that was crazy. Alex was dead, he’d died two years ago but yet Jack could talk to him like he was living but only him. Why on earth was it only him? Jack didn’t think much of himself, a guy with a dream he had no hope of reaching, a job with no real money and no mother. He didn’t have much, but did he really have a ghost for a friend?
Instead of asking questions to his ceiling (Which wasn’t helping with the answers) he rolled over and grabbed his laptop off the floor. Googling things like ‘Do ghosts exist?’ and ‘Am I crazy?’ ‘information on ghosts’
Reading through the 100s of results and some of the evidence on ghosts being real was really convincing and Jack was beginning to believe Alex really was one, but nowhere on the internet Jack could find explained how Alex could touch him, how he was a person and not just an imagine. Once his eyes began to grow tired Jack closed his laptop, and just let his mind wonder. Maybe the reason he didn’t want to believe Alex was a ghost was because he didn’t want to believe Alex was dead.
Jack dreamt of ghosts, of being haunted my ghosts that seemed to appear in his bedroom and tried to warn him, warn him of someone coming. Jack woke in a cold sweat, fearing what his imagination comes up with in the early hours of the morning. Getting up and going into his dark kitchen to get a drink, with an intention of calming his nerves.
“Hello Jack”
“Fuck!” Jack nearly dropped the glass at the sound of a woman’s voice in his dark, empty apartment.
“Who are you?” Jack asked, looking around him in the darkness trying to find the source of the voice.
“I’m Death”
With that the lights snapped on and blinking through the sudden brightness Jack could see a woman standing in from of him, she was wearing a long dark gown with long dark hair and eyes nearly as empty.
“You’re.... You’re death? That’s it, I’ve fucking lost it!” Jack shouted, turning around to walk away from his crazy hallucination, when the woman appeared before him again.
“That’s not generally the first reaction I get when I tell people I’m death, mostly it’s ‘you’re not a woman’” Jack tried not to laugh.
“Why are you here?” he asked.
“Now that’s a more normal question, before you go crying in the corner I’m not here to take you, I’m here to warn you. Alex Gaskarth is dead and that means he stays with me, not ifs or buts, you have to stop this”
“B...But you’re saying that like I can bring him back, I can’t do that. Can I?” Jack asked, shakily. Death was standing in his kitchen, there was no doubting the figure in front of him, he actually had to stop himself from shaking with fear.
“Just walk away Jack” she said, her voice was even and sounded almost calm.
“But I don’t understand, what you’re asking me” Jack said, trying to stop his voice from shaking.
“I’m giving you a warning Jack Barakat, you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into. Walk away or you will regret it, I am Death and I wouldn’t mess with me”
With that the woman vanished from Jack’s kitchen and everything was plunged into darkness once again. Jack finally let out a breath he didn’t realise he was holding. Death had warned him not to go back to Alex, so why did he feel such a strong need to go back?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, sorry my updates are slower but I just started this new course and it's taking more time that I thought! Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter, I've got some really good ideas for this story, which you'll see soon! Love ya xxx