Robbers

Chapter Two

This part was always a blur to me.

I remember pulling out the small pistol I kept in the back of my pants, which I wasn’t sure even worked the thing was practically an antique, and locking the doors so no one could get in, or out for that matter, and I remember holding my gun to the banker’s head as Vic filled a black duffel bag with money.

--


The next time anything seems real again is when we’re back in the car, driving 90 miles an hour through the Nevada desert, a pile of guns and masks in the back seat. The sun is setting now, filling the dimmed sky with reds and oranges and pinks and blues and the sight is absolutely breath taking.
Now that the sun is going down the air has cooled off a bit from hot and muggy to refreshing. It whipped through my black hair as I leaned by head back on the head rest, closing my eyes and taking a moment to enjoy this.

Vic’s hand is on my thigh as he drives but the road is straight and flat so there’s no reason to be worried about it with the speed he’s going.

I can still feel the adrenalin of the heist pumping through my veins despite not remembering most of it and it’s like every nerve in my body is on fire.

I put my arms in the air and take a deep breath in, inhaling the February air before bringing them back down and carding my fingers through my hair.

I was on cloud nine and I didn’t think I’d be coming down anytime soon.

--


It was dark by the time we found a motel to stay at. It was the only building in sight, just sitting all alone, lighting up its portion of the desert like a broken streetlamp.

Vic parked the car and got out, turning around and mumbling something about how he would be right back before walking off towards the motel’s office.

Not a minute later it started raining. It wasn’t just a slight drizzle either, a full blown rainstorm just appeared out of nowhere and I scrambled out of the car, rushing around to the back to pull up the roof. It gave me a bit of trouble but I managed to get it up before too much water got into the car, salvaging what was left of the interior.

It was too late for me though, by the time Vic comes running out of the office I’m soaked through to my skin and shivering a little. Vic grabs the bags out of the car quickly and starts heading to the room he got with me following close behind. It’s on the upper part of the motel so we quickly take the stairs up and Vic hurries to find the door.

When we finally reach it, Vic drops the bags and searches his pockets for the room key, producing it fairly quickly and swiftly opening the door. I watch as he tosses the bags inside the room, but after that he makes absolutely no other move as I stare at him with a confused expression other than to smile at me and step closer.

Then, his lips are on mine and despite the fact that I’m shivering, warmth spreads through my body. His hands gently caress my cheeks and my eyes flutter closed as I savor the feeling of his warm, soft lips against my own. The kiss is slow but there’s a passion behind it that says so much.

We finally make our way in out of the rain and he kicks the door shut, lips never once leaving mine and as soon as we’re out of view from the world outside he starts peeling my clothes off. They end up in a pile on the floor by our feet, his clothes joining them not long after before we make our way towards the bed.

It’s lumpy and has a musty smell to it but so does every other bed in every other shitty motel room we’ve spent the night in since we left everything behind and it’s almost like home now, no matter where we go I can always count on that smelly, lumpy bed and it’s kind of comforting.

Vic lays me on the bed, a gentle gesture, before climbing on top of me. I’m eager to feel his lips on mine again but he just stares down at me, a loving look in his warm eyes and I don’t rush him. Vic is such a passionate person, he liked to feel everything he possibly could. I always tried my best to understand it, but I couldn’t, not on his level; but I wasn’t going to get in the way it.

I waited patiently, breathing slightly erratic, and when he finally lent down and pressed his plump lips to mine, relief swept over my entire body.

It was slow and sweet and sensual. He took the time to explore every inch of my body although by now he knew it probably better than his own and by the time we were both coming down from our highs, slipping under the thin, old blanket, we were both dizzy with love.

We lay together for a while afterwards, just basking in each other’s presence and I asked what had brought that on.

He replied “My love for you has grown every day since I was eight years old Kellin Quinn. You can’t imagine how happy it makes me to see you happy.”

And I kissed him until we fell asleep.