Behind the Sea

Just An Illusion

"Oi, Goldie. Ya' alive?", George broke my thoughts with his everyday accent. I shook my head hoping I would get to normal. What was that feeling just now? Who was that girl? What on earth is happening to me!?. As I tried to look up all the informations in my brain, I remembered why I came here in the first place.
"Fish... Boss... Need...!", I tried talking normal, but from my mouth were just coming unconnected words. Scratching his brown oily hair, George looked confused at me like I was some kind of a freak. He then tapped my forehead with his finger.
"Ya' good there? I don't understan' a thin' yer sayin'!", he spoke backing away his hand. I took a deep breath and calmed down my thoughts. "Boss wanted me to pick up the fishes.", I said quickly not wanting to think about that girl again! "Wait, is she still there!?", instead in my head I spoke accidentally out loud.
"Girl? Watcha talkin' 'bout?"
Not hearing him, I turned around to the ship Teressa. It was already loaded, and that angelic girl wasn't there anymore. "Oh well! It seems that she was just an illusion! Ahaha! Nothing to worry about! Everything's perfectly fine! Ahaha! I'm still single! I'm still not in love! Yeah! She didn't even exist in the first place!", I broke into a good laughter now facing now even more confused George. "Puberty...", George mumbled picking up a barrel that stank like fish.
"Here ya go, Goldie. Betta' go check yer head, or somethin'.", he mumbled that last part thinking that I wouldn't hear him. But I heard him, I would yell at him or something, but I didn't have the strength to do so for some reason. I took the barrel and started heading to the 'Caffe Lapis'. And for some reason everyone on the street was turning around and staring at me. Oh well, must be because of the fishes! Not everybody can ignore this kind of a smell!

In the mean time, people on the street who turned around and stared at Luka

"Why does that boy has that weird smile on his face?", one woman said to herself staring at the young boy.
"Mommy, I'm scared! That boy's weird!", little child yelled pointing at Luka.
"Don't look honey! He might have some kind of disease!", child's mother yelled back protecting her child.
"Somebody call the Police!", one man panicked.
"But we don't have Police! This is just an fictional world, that doesn't have the modern culture's products!", other man pointed out.
"Well don't just stand there, look at that boy he might be crazy! Do something!", another woman yelled at the two men.
As that was happening, our story's hero Luka had no idea what was happening. He was just happy to know that the girl was just an illusion.